Worried about Shellac application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Oooh I'm feeling worried, please can you advise what I should've done or need to do?
I had 2 ladies in tonight together, new clients and lovely people. 1st lady had French and was made up. Application looked great....Now the 2nd, the lady was really excited to have hers and chose Masquerade, I pep'd, basecoat x 1, Colour x 2 and top coat x 1 - However when I used d'sperse I noticed there was some colour left behind on the pad and I 'think' the colour may have looked slightly streaky - now I'm beginning to panic a little as I remember the client went a little quiet towards the end of the treatment....
Have I done something wrong with the applicattion and should I contact her?
Sorry for the long winded post!
X

you have not applied the top coat evenly over the nail plate. The top coat seals in the colour and if it is not applied over the full nail plate evenly then the colour at the bits that have been missed will wipe off. Hope this makes sense

New at this myself but sounds like the colour coat was not totaly covered by the top coat. You might have put it on too thin or not completely sealed arounf the sidewalls/free edge/eponychium.

HTH

Sam xx

Hi,
Are you sure her nails were completely covered with top coat?
If you missed some bits, then the colour will come off with the D Sperse.
Check with her, it's easily fixed, scrub fresh nail, another layer of colour and re do top coat. No need to soak off, just go on top of what you have already done.
Best to check, you could have missed some, when the two ladies were chatting, it is easy to forget things when you have friends in together.
I prefer my clients to come alone.
Best of luck x x x x

Oh no! And I guess it was a little streaky.
Okay, what do I do??!
Please help
X

Hi,
Check with her, it's easily fixed, scrub fresh nail, another layer of colour and re do top coat. No need to soak off, just go on top of what you have already done.
Best to check, you could have missed some, when the two ladies were chatting, it is easy to forget things when you have friends in together.
Best of luck x x x x

Yes I do prefer clients on their own but they found me through the 'find a salon' on the CND website. They needed to come straight from work. I'm gutted but glad I ask you guys and now I know what I did wrong.
I'm not quite sure what to ask her though, just a text maybe asking if they are okay?

Hi,
Best of luck x x x x

Read the quote, this is all you need to do to correct it, no big deal.
This will let your client know you are a professional.
Best wishes x x x x

Use the personal approach, phone her. Don't hide behind a text.
She will appreciate your concern much more. You will also be able to detect her reaction by her voice. She will either sound very relieved you have phoned, or be surprised, because she wasn't even worried.
Go on call her. Then you can arrange to sort them out if you need to.
Best wishes x x x x

Use the personal approach, phone her. Don't hide behind a text.
She will appreciate your concern much more. You will also be able to detect her reaction by her voice. She will either sound very relieved you have phoned, or be surprised, because she wasn't even worried.
Go on call her. Then you can arrange to sort them out if you need to.
Best wishes x x x x

Thanks for your help poshfloss, I'm so pleased knowing I can go over what I've done. I would've soaked them off otherwise :-/
Too late to call her I'm afraid as she text me this morning, said she loves the nails however there's a couple she's not quite happy with. I said I was sorry about that and glad she contacted me...She's coming today for me to sort them out.
Thanks again xxx

So glad you are on with sorting her out, you will feel much better.
Ask her wich ones she is not happy with?
Then scrub fresh all 10 nails, re apply colour where needed, then give her top coat on all 10 nails. I know they may not need it, but she will feel you have done more for her, it won't take you more than a few minutes to sort them for her.
Then put solar oil on and maybe just massage a little hand cream into her hands.
Make her feel you have done more than necessary, hopefully she will stay a loyal client.
Let us know how you get on.
x x x x

I had a similar problem the other day, it was my mum though luckily. I forgot to do the top coat, after too much talking, kids screaming etc! A couple of the nails also lost the colour so I put another layer of colour on, cured then top coat. Come out fine. Glad it happened actually, if it was a client I would probably have soaked it off, but thought I'd give it a go as it was my mum! Don't worry it will all be fine! Sometimes when things like this happen it's good, " I learnt more than I earnt"! Lol

So glad you are on with sorting her out, you will feel much better.
Ask her wich ones she is not happy with?
Then scrub fresh all 10 nails, re apply colour where needed, then give her top coat on all 10 nails. I know they may not need it, but she will feel you have done more for her, it won't take you more than a few minutes to sort them for her.
Then put solar oil on and maybe just massage a little hand cream into her hands.
Make her feel you have done more than necessary, hopefully she will stay a loyal client.
Let us know how you get on.
x x x x

**and breathe**
I now have a happy client! She was so lovely and was worried about contacting me! I applied another coat to all nails and a top coat as the other ones looked slightly streaky too, she was made up afterwards.
Thanks for your help x

I had a similar problem the other day, it was my mum though luckily. I forgot to do the top coat, after too much talking, kids screaming etc! A couple of the nails also lost the colour so I put another layer of colour on, cured then top coat. Come out fine. Glad it happened actually, if it was a client I would probably have soaked it off, but thought I'd give it a go as it was my mum! Don't worry it will all be fine! Sometimes when things like this happen it's good, " I learnt more than I earnt"! Lol

That's a great quote and so true!
xx

Latest posts

Back