Worst experience at hairdressers, was she right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lollilox

Reaction score
I would really appreciate advice from professional hairdressers.
I had red hair for a while which is a nightmare to get rid off so i stupidly bleached it which turned it a very light orange. I left it a month to avoid anymore damage and decided to go to a professional hairdressers. I turned up and the hair colourist did not welcome me or introduce herself.. she Did not make me feel comfortable at all and she was clearly intimidated by the job of fixing my hair colour.. to the point of where i felt she was hostile,cold and patronising. She sternly asked what color i wanted and I suggested a blonde and she replied with a smug smirk saying "your not getting that blonde!" so i thought fair enough, how about hazelnut brown? she then went on to say how that might not work either and pointed out a black-ish color, I said that would be a nightmare to get rid of in the future and i could do that myself at home. so she went back to the hazelnut and said she could try and get it brown but not guarantee it coming out that colour and said the charge would be £205 but she could not guarantee it to the point of absolutely no confidence whatsoever.. I don’t expect it to be dot on and I know it’s not an easy job to correct a colour but does this sound right to you? i honestly could not wait to get out of there. in the end I refused her quote and just walked out.

You just need to find an experienced colourist.
It’s perfectly possible to go a lovely blonde shade from red or orange but the results will depend on the current condition of your hair.

Visit several salons and ask for a free colour consultation and see what they advise in terms of processes and any tests they want to perform.
Come back and tell us what they have suggested and we can help you work out who to trust.

T
You just need to find an experienced colourist.
It’s perfectly possible to go a lovely blonde shade from red or orange but the results will depend on the current condition of your hair.

Visit several salons and ask for a free colour consultation and see what they advise in terms of processes and any tests they want to perform.
Come back and tell us what they have suggested and we can help you work out who to trust.

Thankyou for your reply. Thats good to know. She only gave me 3 very dark options.. she wasn't happy about even the hazlnut brown which was the darkest color i was happy to go. it was a chain salon called "rush" and i thought it would be alot more professional. also does the pricing sound right to you considering her lack of confidence and expertise?. There is a tony and guy nearby, are they any good? Whatever happens i will keep you posted.

Big brand chain salons are usually more expensive and as they’re often run as a franchise, standards can vary.

Whereabouts are you based at the moment? Maybe I can recommend a salon?

I live in Brighton but I am staying in Liverpool for 3months for uni.

I'm not good at this so i am grateful for your help.

In that case, I’ll happily recommend

http://www.parkeranddicce.com/

Chris Parker is an amazing award winning hairdresser who has a fantastic team. Not cheap, but one of the best!

In that case, I’ll happily recommend

http://www.parkeranddicce.com/

Chris Parker is an amazing award winning hairdresser who has a fantastic team. Not cheap, but one of the best!
Thankyou. I will definitely give them a call on Monday. I would rather pay more for it to be right rather than have a bad experience with someone who can not accomplish A style and colour I feel confident in. My hair is really effecting my confidence at this stage.. I dread leaving the house.

Latest posts

Back