wots the correct way to clean brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherw55

Reaction score
Hi to you all !!!
Can anyone please inform me the correct way to clean a Arylic brush, my tutor told me to clean with acetone but surely this must damage it. They arent cheap and dont want to ruin mine. MANY THANKS HEATHER

At the end of a treatment, always clean your brush in whatever clean monomer liquid you have been using. T
hen gently squeeze out any excess monomer using a lint free paper towell or pad to re-shape the brush and store in a brush case which is stored FLAT not standing up on its end.

Your brush is made of real hair,. Imagine what your hair would be like if it was dipped in Acetone every day??? NOT good for your brush ... you were smart to see that!!

heatherw55 said:
Hi to you all !!!
Can anyone please inform me the correct way to clean a Arylic brush, my tutor told me to clean with acetone but surely this must damage it. They arent cheap and dont want to ruin mine. MANY THANKS HEATHER

when i trained with star nails thats the way i was taught to clean my brush too....i was totally amazed when i learn that it should be cleaned in monomer because i thought the idea for the acetone was to clean every last drop of monomer out of the brush.......what a difference it made when i started to clean my brush properly and it stayed a lovely shape instead of going all wispy with stray hairs springing up all over the place :rolleyes:

stanleyann

as i use opi products i was taught to clean my brush with brush cleaner, as using momoner or acetone would contaminate it

Your brush will be your best friend and keep all its hair on, if you clean it in clean monomer. Not the left over stuff at the end of the day, that will only clogg up your brush with small powder left overs......
Acetone and brush cleaner are harsh on the little hairs and they will become all frazzled..........Bless em, so keep ya hair on, or is it keep ya hair on the brush lol ????

Acetone and brush cleaner are harsh on the little hairs and they will become all frazzled..........Bless em, so keep ya hair on, or is it keep ya hair on the brush lol ????[/QUOTE]
i suggested that because that is the way i was taught - im not disputing what you say - but opi make a specialized brush cleaner and i was told to use it rather thank monomer - the opi (clarite) monomer is slow to evaporate which would make brush cleaning with it more difficult.

I think the question was generic and not product related. So general advise is what is given.

"Follow your manufacturers instructions" is a good rule to follow.

THANKYOU, for all your replies i can clean my brush the correct way, and you have saved me pounds!!!!. I have just won a new brush on ebay a CREATIVE PROSTYLER for 21 pounds is this a good buy? HEATHER

heatherw55 said:
THANKYOU, for all your replies i can clean my brush the correct way, and you have saved me pounds!!!!. I have just won a new brush on ebay a CREATIVE PROSTYLER for 21 pounds is this a good buy? HEATHER

You've saved a few pounds there ... Congratulations!!

OPI-nails said:
as i use opi products i was taught to clean my brush with brush cleaner, as using momoner or acetone would contaminate it
mee too trhought college - but it was sending Bee yellow - urk :eek: - so now just use monomer - Bee now not yellowing - I find it a bit scary though that OPI sell a brush cleaner that does do your brush much good? would love some feedback from any OPi techies :o

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Your brush will be your best friend and keep all its hair on, if you clean it in clean monomer. Not the left over stuff at the end of the day, that will only clogg up your brush with small powder left overs......
Acetone and brush cleaner are harsh on the little hairs and they will become all frazzled..........Bless em, so keep ya hair on, or is it keep ya hair on the brush lol ????

Sawasdee ka

R we doing something wrong we put monomer in dampen dish use for one customer then throw away then we put little clean monomer in jar clean brush await new customer and put new monomer for new customer .
We see b4 a tech use monomer for 1 customer and then use the same monomer for another customer we think b4 this is no good and dirty .

So if we have 3 customer 1 day we use 3 clean monomers for make nail and 3 clean monomers for clean brush and clean brush every time .

I confuse about left over end of day in England do you not use clean monomer and clean brush all the time same us .

Mui from Thailand

I'm speaking for myself.

I put a small amount of monomer in a dappen dish and use it till it runs out then I clean the dish and add more clean monomer and use it till it runs out. Sometimes the monomer does for more than one client. I only clean my brush at the end of the day or after my last client.

Actually my brush is never dirty or clogged and because I use small amounts of monomer, my monomer never gets dirty.

It is not unsanitary to work like this. Germs do not grow in monomer liquid. I think you must be wasting allot of precious and expensive liquid the way you are doing it Mui. It sounds like you are being very thorough and particular but also wasteful too, when there is no need to be.

When I first started doing nails I was getting through too many expensive brushes because I was in a habbit of leaving tiny traces of acrylic in my brush. In the end I got some OPI brush cleaner and it occassionally came in very handy. I now am alot better at cleaning my brush in clean monomer but still keep the brsh cleaner as a last resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back