Would a lash tint cause lashes to fall out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
I have never heard of this before, However my client has just text me to say some of her lashes has have fallen out and have become really sparse.
She had a lash tint about 2-3 weeks ago, How shall I deal with this situation?
Help please

She has sent a picture and they look normal, I would prefer her to come in as a photo can be misleading but not sure what further action to take

Ask her too pop in so you could see them. And enquire as too whether or not she uses lash curlers, they are often the culprit xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for the reply. In my panic I haven't even considered lash curlers, Hopefully she will say if she does

It also may have something to do with the time of year. We shed more lashes around spring and autumn x

It also may have something to do with the time of year. We shed more lashes around spring and autumn x

How do you work that one out?

Each individual lash has it's own life cycle of upto 90 days. So each lash is 'born' and 'dies' (falls out) at different rates. I believe it may just be a coincidence that a few of her lashes have come to the end of their life cycle at the same time and fallen out together. I get this sometimes, then I have a little gap until the new lashes grow longer. It's part of life and no biggie and I wouldn't imagine tinting would ever effect this nor would the season.

Eyelashes go through the same anagen, catagen and telogen cycle as the hair on your head (which for some, sheds more at the change of season due to exposure to sunlight etc). Why wouldn't you think the same applies to lashes? I'm just offering the OP another possible reason why her client may be losing lashes but there's a whole host of things it could be

Latest posts

Back