Would it be weird for a "boy" to get his nails done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did kind of read between the lines when you said it was complicated.
What length are you natural nails? ... Would you just be having a manicure with painted French nails or did you want nail extensions ? ... As I'd read in your original post that you were having a manicure and wanted it with French paint so iv assumed just that, but I'm thinking many are thinking you want nail extensions (pic ) ... Which are still not permanent they come off if you change your mind (as long as you don't upset us by picking them off and are removed properly, but that's a whole different thread ...!!!) ... Lol ... And treatment is agreed by your parents of course ... Lol
As someone has said it may be your age rather than gender if therapists agree to doing nail extensions on you, rather than a manicure.
I do prom nails for 15yrs old if they have a late bday as most proms are June and they could be 6-7 weeks before their 16th ... But I personally don't really like doing under this age as iv seen a few horrors of them accidentally ripping their own nails off. I'm presuming your 14-15 yrs old???
Xxxxx

As the mum of a teenage daughter, who is, let's say "unique" in her style, I am all to familiar that anything outside the norm makes you a target at school these days. My daughter is a bit of a goth, and she and her little group of friends stand out somewhat. They have had name calling and teasing, but they shrug it off. They are happy and comfortable with who they are and now they are more accepted, purely because they refused to change so now what they wear and how they style their hair etc is seen as normal for them at least. I don't agree with some of my daughters style choices, but never would I try to change her unless I felt it inappropriate for her age or safety (I'm quite lucky because a lot of girls her age are wearing skirts that should really be belts and knee high boots!), she has to be happy in herself, and if that involves her wearing black and putting black lipstick on of a weekend then so be it!
So to the op, do I think you should wear your nails like that? No, but like my daughter, it is not me or anyone else that can make you happy, confident and comfortable with who you are, only you can do that, and if having these nails helps with that, then 100% go for it and hold your head high.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did kind of read between the lines when you said it was complicated.
What length are you natural nails? ... Would you just be having a manicure with painted French nails or did you want nail extensions ? ... As I'd read in your original post that you were having a manicure and wanted it with French paint so iv assumed just that, but I'm thinking many are thinking you want nail extensions (pic ) ... Which are still not permanent they come off if you change your mind (as long as you don't upset us by picking them off and are removed properly, but that's a whole different thread ...!!!) ... Lol ... And treatment is agreed by your parents of course ... Lol
As someone has said it may be your age rather than gender if therapists agree to doing nail extensions on you, rather than a manicure.
I do prom nails for 15yrs old if they have a late bday as most proms are June and they could be 6-7 weeks before their 16th ... But I personally don't really like doing under this age as iv seen a few horrors of them accidentally ripping their own nails off. I'm presuming your 14-15 yrs old???
Xxxxx

I don’t know. I was going to get extensions but would it look better painted? Which would last longer too? Yes I’m 15 but if I get it done and they are extensions I’d want to keep them on for as long as possible. Also thank you profbeau :)

You have beautiful manners.
How refreshing x

I don’t know. I was going to get extensions but would it look better painted? Which would last longer too? Yes I’m 15 but if I get it done and they are extensions I’d want to keep them on for as long as possible. Also thank you profbeau :)

A manicure paint will last a few days, but a good set of nail extensions can last upto 2-3 weeks and would then need to be Infilled when they start growing up by the cuticle area if you want to keep them on during the summer hols (as I'm presuming that's when your wanting to have them ) ...

Xxxx

What does infilled mean? And thank you, it means a lot to me to hear that

What does infilled mean? And thank you, it means a lot to me to hear that

What happens, because you have a layer of acrylic / gel over your natural nails, your natural nails will still be growing under this, it start moving towards the tip (free edge) - so after 2-3 weeks you will see a gap of your natural nail between where the bottom of the acrylic was and your skin where your nail as grown.
(I hope you understand that as it's hard to explain without a picture to show you)
X

Wait so, getting it infilled can make it last for more weeks? :D

Yes you infill when the nails have grown and you can see the natural nail i have to agree with quite a few comments i dont think in any way its wrong personally i wish more men had things done i also know somebody who is going through treatment to become a woman so i knew what you meant at the beginning about being techinically a boy i cant begin to understand how you must feel on a daily basis it must be very hard x

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Yes you infill when the nails have grown and you can see the natural nail i have to agree with quite a few comments i dont think in any way its wrong personally i wish more men had things done i also know somebody who is going through treatment to become a woman so i knew what you meant at the beginning about being techinically a boy i cant begin to understand how you must feel on a daily basis it must be very hard x

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you very much, and it is unfortunately

Thank you all so very much for all of these wonderful comments :) I'm so happy that a lot of people helped me and, yes, I am definitely going to post a picture the minute I get home from having them done. I'm also very happy that everyone was so nice to me! If I have any other questions about my hair or nails and stuff like that I'm definitely coming here :D

Thank you all so very much for all of these wonderful comments :) I'm so happy that a lot of people helped me and, yes, I am definitely going to post a picture the minute I get home from having them done. I'm also very happy that everyone was so nice to me! If I have any other questions about my hair or nails and stuff like that I'm definitely coming here :D

Good luck in all you do :) xx

Thank you Lila!

Latest posts

Back