Would it be worth doing some Creative training even though I am doing NVQ at college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
I am currently doing NVQ Level 3 at college which will finish next June. I expect to qualify and pass at the end of th course.

I'm do lots of practicing on my trainer hand, friends, family and clients at college but I am wondering would I gain anything from training with Creative also.

I think it would have to be the foundation course which would probably go over what I am learning at college but I am wondering would the tutoring be more intense! and then obviously I would be qualified.

I would still carry on with the college because I would like the NVQ as well and don't want to waste the year and half I have already done.

I am on a placement at the moment and feel so useless. All I am allowed to do is watch because I am not qualified.

I was considering doing a conversion course when i am finished college anyway. If i do the foundation i know it would mean laying out some money but I would have to do that anyway for the conversion.

What do you think/

Its always worth getting creative training!!! Would you not be able to do a conversion?

In my opinion, there is NO better way to be trained, and I bet you anything you will learn more on a foundation course than you have during your entire time at college!!! I know I did!!

Have you used creative products before?

Luv TwinkleTips x :)

No I haven't used any products, but have seen how passionate about their products everybody is who already use them. Plus it seems like the prepping of the nail is less damaging due to their not having to use the abrasive.

I considered it last year but my tutor said it would be a waste of money.

I had already started at college before I heard of Creative. I was a complete novice, never having thought about nails as a career before therefore I new nothing about individual companies and their training. I knew there were some companies that would take your money and not give you a recognised qualification, that is why i decided on the Nvq at college.

Creative are fabulous, and make sure you leave their courses a professional nail tech, understanding everything and confident in your ability. Its worth the investment.

And if you ever need a quick bit of advice, you can just ring them, they are always happy to help!!

get in touch with them, see if they can send you a sampler of products, and have a go. They can advise you which course is best.

hth xx

Hi
You have done the right thing by not just going for the first course you could get privately.. Your college NVQ is a valuable qualification.

However, not all colleges, in much the same way as not all companies, offer good training. So.... it would not be a waste to continue with further training with a reputable company. I did so with Creative, who were excellent, there are also others around as you will have found on this site... e.g. Ezeeflow, Young Nails, Entity, and many more..

To ensure the training you choose is right for you, shop around, find out about the qualifications and reputation of your local trainers.

I have used many trainers for the different things I wished to learn, many of them were chosen by reputation.

Good luck with choosing.. I am sure, whoever you choose, as long as you carry on working as hard as you do, you will be pleased with the result.

Sue x

Deffinately do a CND course. The amount of info, tips and experience that you would gain is vast. It is tne most well known company all over the world and whener you go everyone knows CND.

I love the products. I could not wait until i opened my own salon to be able to buy the products and use them.

I LOVE CREATIVE. Love my apron to bits.

xxx

If I were you I wouldn't do a foundation course with any company.
Stop yelling at me:lol:
I would do a 121 day with creative. That way you get to target anything you may not already know, get to know the products well and have a good chat with an educator who can suggest where you need to go next with training after you have spent at least 6 months experiencing your craft.

My answer would be yes, I have done all my training with CND and loved every minute:)

I did my VTCT and still did private training but I did my private training after I had completed my college course. We were all encouraged to continue with our training and were given details on various companies that provided private training which included CND, Young Nails and NSI. I was one of the lucky ones that had fabulous training at college with an excellent tutor. I then went on to Young Nails training and did my Creative conversion last year. I am glad I did the private training because it gave me so much more information, tips and lots more confidence. Why don't you give CND a ring and see what they think would be the best way for you to go. They all seem very honest people and would give you good advice about whether they feel you should wait or not.

The reason i was thinking of a foundation rather than a conversion is because I think i would have to wait 6 months after I have finished my college course before I could do a conversion. That would be December 2008!

I was thinking of the foundation to get more knowledge now rather than later but I will do all the further training I can get as and when I need it in the future anyway.

The reason i was thinking of a foundation rather than a conversion is because I think i would have to wait 6 months after I have finished my college course before I could do a conversion. That would be December 2008!

I was thinking of the foundation to get more knowledge now rather than later but I will do all the further training I can get as and when I need it in the future anyway.

Good thinking batman!! :lol: Go for it.

I started with a VTCT at collage and have done loads (4) of conversion courses since. If your doing gels the soft Calgel is fab if acrylic creative are good but after a time you will make your own mind up witch one you or two you want to use.
Also find out what the clients in your aria want.
Go to shows and try to get tester kits to play with. Then do a conversion course. Good luck C :hug:

If you leave college with a valid qualification (i.e. NVQ) then you don't need to wait 6 months for your training :)

HTHs

As a college tutor I have to teach generically but always tell my students they should never stop their education after they have gained their NVQ and encourage them to broaden their knowledge whilst still at college. I have recommended Creative to all of them, (although I do love Calgel too). Go for it, you can never learn enough so you might as well learn from the best!:hug:

I know I could wait until I finish college. (whatever I do I will definately be finishing my NVQ at college. It is a worthwhile qualification to have under my belt) but I have been given some money and want to use it on something that I can make use of and feel the Creative course would be good for me.

Also, I think it would help me get employment easier after finishing college if I have my NVQ and the Creative training.

I have made up my mind and I am going to do it.

I will just have to find a good model and decide when.
Thank you everybody for letting me know it would be a good decision.

Latest posts

Back