would like spider minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edinburghlass21

Reaction score
Hi i am looking to get some spider minx for halloween but the only problem i have is my manicure/pedicure exam isnt until the 17th of this month so as of yet i dont have a certificate.
I did do a small course on nail art in which we applied minx and trendy nail wraps and other stuff.I have since then been learning using the trendy nail wraps but would love to try more minx.
I guess i need to wait for certificate before buying the minx as i dont really want to get them from ebay?

You could buy minx at the fingertips center in edinburgh but you will also need the lamp etc to go with it. You will only get the training if you have a nail certificate
I do minx and Im in edinburgh if your stuck and need someone else to do it for you x

Thanks when we done the nail art work shop we just used a hairdryer for putting them on since then i have been heating the trendy nail wraps up with hair straightners.

That would be ok on your own nails but not very professional for on a client. I wouldnt even dream of using a hairdryer in front of a client as that way they will get the impression if they get hold of some minx or trendy nail art they can then do it themselves at home. And thats when all us minxers lose out on business!

am only still learning just now and its only to do my mums nails as she works in a children and family centre and thought it would be nice to get it done

If she is working with children she will constantly be washing her hands so the minx on her hands will last a few days max x

she only really wants them on for 1-2 days for fun at her work

Hi Geeks!

I totally agree that once you are working on clients with minx a hairdryer would look so unprofessional, so invest in a lamp.

But my main question is, how the hell do you use hair straighteners!!! If i loose concentration whilst heating the minx with my lamp and accidently get too close to the buld it sticks to it!!! So surely hair straighteners would be even worse!

Just interested how this works as my brain is baffled! haha x:)

I'm guessing it's when there still attached to the backing to warm them through. X

I'm baffled as to why you where shown in your training to use a hairdryer!!

When I done my hollywood toes course with NSI in glasgow the girl was showing everyone the TNW's and actually said you dont need a lamp just use a hairdryer to save money!

I'm guessing it's when there still attached to the backing to warm them through. X

haha, yes you are probably right you know! I had visions of burnt fingers and straighteners covered in TNW's! x:)

Yeah tutor said about hairdryer and even has a hairdryer on the tnw's website u can buy.

The hair straightners i peel of the backing and hold the free edge bit with tweezers and hold the wrap close to the plate

Yeah tutor said about hairdryer and even has a hairdryer on the tnw's website u can buy.

The hair straightners i peel of the backing and hold the free edge bit with tweezers and hold the wrap close to the plate

Wow Hun, that sounds so dodgey!
:eek:

think i need to get a lamp ha ha ha

Im seeing a lawsuit hun! Dont do it!! haha.

I have the S2 lamp in salon but for me its too bulky for mobile so i bought a medisana infrared lamp (google it) online for £20. It works brilliantly and is small enough to store in my case. Was a good buy and just looks more professional than a hairdryer ( or straightners) in my opinion
xx:)

he he i have just been practising on my mum so we are ok ther lol

had a look at the lamp u mentioned looks good and as u say when its time for me to go mobile it looks like its easy to pack away and moe about etc and better looking than a hairdryer or the straightners lol

thanks for the link :)

Latest posts

Back