Would like tips on how to achieve nice white tips on french nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe89

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this site and also in training to becoming a nail technician. I'm enjoying my courses so far i'm just struggling to achieve a nice white tip on french nails. mine always end up such a mess :( can anyone give me any tips on how they perfected there tips please :D x

It takes plenty of practice, and even more practice, i have been qualified nearly a year and still get the odd wonky smile line x

Try You Tube- Fingernail Fixer has a great tutorial

Have a look at the tutorial :up:

Spend time with your tutor, and book some 1 to 1 training to focus on your smile lines.

Buy some cheap plastic tips off ebay, make a finger out of blue tack, and press a tip into it to make a false finger, and practice your smile line on your false finger every day (obviously you have to change the tip each time). Do this every day without fail, I made myself do 20 zone 1's a day when I qualified. Its quite good too to keep some of your practice tips, put them in a bag with the date on, and have another look at them in a few months/years to see just how much you have progressed.

Have patience! When you put your bead onto the tip, as a new tech its tempting to start pushing away at the bead like your life depends on it because you panic and think you have to get that perfect shape before it starts curing, but leaving the bead a couple of seconds to settle will help as it will be in a much better consistency for working with. this was probably the biggest mistake I made when I was training.

Practise! Best way, you will figure what the best way for you is.

Thank you for all your replies :D i thought i would get that response lol practice it is then! x

Latest posts

Back