Would like to do more training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammylou

Reaction score
Hello all

Firstly I would like to say how great I have found this site, I seem to have become addicted in only one day!!

I have completed my advanced nail techniques course and would like to undergo further training, I don't just want to be a good nail tec, I want to be the best I can possible be, I really want to train with creative but I have just received their brochure and it says I need to have been in the industry for a minimum of twelve months to take their conversion course, that would mean waiting until August.

I have a friend who has been working in l&p and has offered to give me some guidance and further training if I work for her on a self employed basis, I don't like the idea of mixing business and friendship and I would ideally like to set up for myself in the not too distant future and the client base I would have built up would surely want to stay with me and that would mean poaching her clients (IYKWIM).

I would really appreciate some advice on what I should do next, I have two children at home with me (2 years and 3 months) so I don't have daytimes available at the moment.

Many thanks

Samantha

I applaud your atitude to your work and am sure you will ultimately do very well.

Personally, I would stick it out till August and get the training you want. I never recommend anyone to train with another nail technician ... the reason being, their training will only be a reflection of the training they received and probably not a good reflection. Often misinformation is spread this way as well as possibly bad habits.

You have done well if you feel you have reached an advanced level on your course and I would stick with what you know until such time as you can get to a qualified, certified trainer.

The reason Creative takes the stand that it does on '1 year in the industry' is so that people do not take a 1 day course somewhere and then convert immediately to Creative on another 1 day conversion course and then go off and missuse or abuse the Creative products and therefore the Creative reputation.

It is always worthwhile talking to a Creative Academy Advisor so they can sus out your qualification ... you may be exempt form the '1 year' rule ... for example if you hold the NVQ in Advanced Nail Techniques, we accept that qualification outright and will allow conversion immediately. It's worth a phonecall. 0113 275 5719 ask to speak to a Creative Academy Advisor.

Hi Geeg,
I have just read your post on training. I was told about the one year rule for the creative conversion course :| I qualified last year in advanced nail techniques, I got a vtct with the ihbc, So does the year rule apply in this case?

Hi Lesley

I have exactly the same qualification as you so I eagerly await the reply!

Samantha

I think the VCTC advanced nail techniques is generally reguarded as being equivilent to an NVQ is it not?
This being the case, you should be able to do your training/conversion with Creative whenever you want. You will have to check with head office and see if this is the case. If it is not or you have problems, then let me know and I will discuss it with them immediately. I'll stand your corner with you!!

Thankyou so much Geeg, you have just made my day!

Really excited now!

Hope thats right Geeg, I will ring and check :)
You have also made my day :lol: If i could get to spain i would give you a big hug. I have the money so hopeful i can do the conversion soon.

I got my VTCT qualificatin in May and did me conversion course in the November, after i had gained a few months experience in the salon.

Jue ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I am now booked in for my creative conversion course for this Sunday!!

Thankyou so much for your advice, was much appreciated!

Samantha x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back