Would this course benefit me??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I am still out in Germany but I'm hoping to be back in Scotland by the end of the year at the latest.

I want to learn more on the Beauty side and found this course. What I want to know is if this will benefit me for when I move home? I know there is no practical side to it but would it help me if I knew all the theory to the profession?

Thanks in advance
Angela

Beauty Therapist distance learning course, home study courses, correspondence courses

Ermm it does look very good, but the problem would be getting insurance as most/all insurance places wont cover home courses.So if you do want to do it id just ring stonebridge and ask them,will i be able to work professionaly on the public, and id say go to the beauty guild and ask them if they would provide insurance to cover you for the course :hug: hope this helped xx

Thanks for the reply ill contact them and ask

angela :)

It would certainly give you a head start, but you'd have to do it all again when you do a college course. Would you not be better finding out what reference books you'll be using at college and learning from them? It would certainly be cheaper!

It would certainly give you a head start, but you'd have to do it all again when you do a college course. Would you not be better finding out what reference books you'll be using at college and learning from them? It would certainly be cheaper!

I totally agree rouge, learning from the books would be a fantastic thing to do,

Buy Beauty Therapy products from Beauty Express

Have a look at that link, there are lots of books on there, at least that way you are not paying out over the odds for a course that you might not be able to get insured with.

Hth's :)

Last edited:
These type of home courses do look very good but when u want to use professionaly then not so good as no comanpies that i know of will insure you.

I found a website the other day and the lady comes to your home and teaches you in the following subjets:

Spray tanning
Eye/Brow treatments
Most massaging treatments
Make-up
Manicure & nails

Its very good there a bit pricey but worth as you can then get insurance. xx

These type of home courses do look very good but when u want to use professionaly then not so good as no comanpies that i know of will insure you.

I found a website the other day and the lady comes to your home and teaches you in the following subjets:

Spray tanning
Eye/Brow treatments
Make-up
Manicure & nails

Do you have a link Rebekah? I'd like to check it out.

Spray tanning
Eye/Brow treatments
Make-up
Manicure & nails

This 'college' offers a 2 DAY nail course. Also, a HALF DAY manicure course. There is no way you will learn as much as you need to know with a days course in ANY subject.

To the original poster, I would personally stick with the books etc, and then when you want to train back here in the uk go for NVQ level :hug:

This 'college' offers a 2 DAY nail course. Also, a HALF DAY manicure course. There is no way you will learn as much as you need to know with a days course in ANY subject.

To the original poster, I would personally stick with the books etc, and then when you want to train back here in the uk go for NVQ level :hug:

Im not doing manicure or Pedicure as my sister went to college and done the course so she is doing that now, were kinda in business together.
Im going to do the lash/brow treatment which is one day or something which is normaly what it would be in college. so that would be fine xx

Im not doing manicure or Pedicure as my sister went to college and done the course so she is doing that now, were kinda in business together.
Im going to do the lash/brow treatment which is one day or something which is normaly what it would be in college. so that would be fine xx

As far as I am aware no college offers a one day course in brow / eye treatments at VTCT / NVQ level, I thought it was part of the year / 3 year long courses?

Can anyone enlighten me?

As far as I am aware no college offers a one day course in brow / eye treatments at VTCT / NVQ level, I thought it was part of the year / 3 year long courses?

Can anyone enlighten me?

No way, 3 years for eyebrows thats very way too long. 1-2 days is the normal duration for training, anyway it doesnt matter as long as i get taught and get inssurance its fine. I know this lady does a very good job in what she does a friend done a course with her.

Its simular to tanning, tanning course is half a day

No way, 3 years for eyebrows thats very way too long. 1-2 days is the normal duration for training, anyway it doesnt matter as long as i get taught and get inssurance its fine. I know this lady does a very good job in what she does a friend done a course with her.

Its simular to tanning, tanning course is half a day

No its not fine,

I was talking about the Level 3 NVQ course that you do at college and it takes three years and covers many different treatments, waxing, manicure, pedicure, massage etc etc.

I personally beleive that the attitude of 'as long as I get insurance it doesn't matter if its a day' is a very stupid veiw to take.

If you think you will be the best of the best on a one day course then im sorry to say you wont be.

No its not fine,

I was talking about the Level 3 NVQ course that you do at college and it takes three years and covers many different treatments, waxing, manicure, pedicure, massage etc etc.

I personally beleive that the attitude of 'as long as I get insurance it doesn't matter if its a day' is a very stupid veiw to take.

If you think you will be the best of the best on a one day course then im sorry to say you wont be.

Will you just leave it out ok stop ruining everyones threads by telling me what course i can and cant do,its my course,my business not yours.

I dont like your attitude towards me

Will you just leave it out ok stop ruining everyones threads by telling me what course i can and cant do,its my course,my business not yours.

I dont like your attitude towards me

I am not ruining threads or telling you what to do.....:rolleyes:

I am simply stating my opinion on ONE day courses here (and asking a question about accredited colleges offering one day courses), especially as I along with many many other geeks have spent a fortune and put in blood, sweat and tears into training - along comes you and states that

'As long as I get trained and can get insurance it doesnt matter'

You will learn when you come up against something you cant put right due to only having one days training on something as delicate as the eyes, or anything for that matter.

You need to learn to take advice thats given to you and stop thinking people are 'telling you what to do'.

I have given the help I wanted to on this thread - so I wont be posting on here anymore.
Apologies to the original poster!!

So you think the above quote isnt horrible or offensive anyway at all? I think that you try to come across as professional but saying things like that to other geeks on here is Not professional in any way at all, i find it a nasty remark towards me.

Anyway i refuse to argue with you anymore i do currently have better things to do.

Oh dear, I never thought posting this thread would have caused any problems :confused:

Oh dear, I never thought posting this thread would have caused any problems :confused:

Hun, the problem is not you or your thread, so don't worry! The problem is with two people's responses to each other.

Latest posts

Back