Would you charge for a cut and colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozza

Reaction score
Hi lovely’s I’m starting back again mobile and was wondering do you stylist charge for colour and cut? Or include it in the price I was including it before but sometimes they wanted a restyle and it took more time out of the service. I’m really stuck what to do x

I charge £15 for a dry cut £22.00 cut and blow dry so I was thinking of charging £15 on top of the colour for the cut because your already blow drying the hair with a colour if you get what I mean lol x

Mobile, I charge £30 for a cut and blow-dry with or without colour.
Don't start too low! Hard to raise prices x

So the colour price and then £30 on top? I may need to up my prices I think xx what if they just want a trim do you charge the same because it’s still a cut and blow dry xx

A trim is a cut. There is no difference make sure everyone knows that!

Yes I have lots of different colour prices.
I have a few different balayage prices, highlight prices and tint prices.

I only take off £10 if they say don't worry about a cut just dry it, because I am still waiting there all that time while colour processes and I do a blow-dry.
I make it a point of saying that I want to see the colour and make sure it's all good.
If they literally just want a quick rough dry then thats £15 still on top of colour. In a salon I probably wouldn't charge and get junior to do if I wasn't free but as I have to wait there I do!

Everyone's different of course, but you've got to stand strong on prices.

A tip I would give is to download a booking diary for yourself to use, I use shedul which had been great.
Once you have input all of your prices it makes it a lot easier and looks more professional to ask for x amount.
I got in the habit of being too friendly and rounding down costs which seems nice but actually means you lose a lot of money over the years and being mobile is expensive!
We have more costs than people realise so they should and will want to pay if they want us to stay in business!

That’s really helpful thank you for your reply. This is my price list so I’ll just charge for the colour then cut and blow dry on top as my prices are more than reasonable in my area as I said I used to say the cut was free with colour and that’s a separate service but I just started out then iv had a 2 year gap due to having my babies. Let me know what you think ..

Attachments

• 6D144132-3F80-426C-AADD-97DD067F5300.jpeg
    6D144132-3F80-426C-AADD-97DD067F5300.jpeg
    738.2 KB · Views: 46
That’s really helpful thank you for your reply. This is my price list so I’ll just charge for the colour then cut and blow dry on top as my prices are more than reasonable in my area as I said I used to say the cut was free with colour and that’s a separate service but I just started out then iv had a 2 year gap due to having my babies. Let me know what you think ..
Looks good to me, only thing I would say is raise the men's prices and kids too.

Something else I say is kids price depending on thickness and that I only do kids with paying parents cuts, otherwise you could end up spending two hours cutting three kids hair with the same thickness as yours for less than £30!

See how you get on, you can always make price adjustments on the way [emoji4]

Good luck and feel free to message if you need any more advice xx

Thank you yes good point when They book I will take your advise and explain this to them thanks again x

Latest posts

Back