Would you confront your friend if they messed up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squires89

Reaction score
Hi all,

i recently had a friend from my old hairdressing level 2 college come to my house to highlight my hair.

she was really good at college and did really well with all over foils using 3 colours.
Anyway since we left she is doing mobile so i thought i would use her.

when she came she kept raving about using hair wraps instead of foils as they are quicker and easier ect, i was a bit aprehensive so i said "wont it bleed " she said no its fine.

Once she washed it and rough dried it she couldnt leave quick enough, at a quick glance it looked o.k but when i ran my fingers through or tried to put it up... i looked like a raccoon!! it was stripy, the bleach was too light it made me look like i had bold patches. i went the next day to a salon last minute to try and fix it, they put whole head of cap highlights bleach to try and cover the problem. it has helped but i am getting my tutor to fix it tonight for me in my level 3 hair course.

i am really angry and hurt how she could do that to my hair and not admit it was totally messed up, she charged me £30 aswell!!

the salon charged me £40 for the cap

and tonight it will be about £20 to fix it!

do you think i should confrount her or ask for my money back or what??

please help!!!!

Depends on your friendship.

Personally, I'd be inclined to ring her and say you're not happy. I'm guessing from what you said, she already knows she did a crap job. Give her a chance to apologise and offer you recompense. If you can clear the air, you can still be friends, if you want to.

If you just avoid her, you will probably always feel a bit aggrieved that she buggered up your hair and you had to shell out to fix it.

I did a crap job on a mum from my little boy's Playgroup when I was training on my level 2. It looked stripey and she insisted on paying me, which I didn't want. I apologised profusely and offered to re-do for free etc. but she just said it as fine. It really wasn't.

She has never asked me to do her hair again (can't blame her) and her little girl goes to the same school as my little boy. We still smile and say hello at the school gates but I cringe inside as in her eyes, I'm still probably a crap hairdresser, even though this was a few years ago!

I would definitely call her up on it. I swap services with a girl i went to college with and would definitely want to be told if she didnt like the colour i did on her and vice versa.

maybe its me, but why wouldnt you just ask her the next day then going to the salon? She could have recitfied it for you than you spending additional money elsewhere. Now you want money back...im sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i cant see you guys being friends afterwards. xoxo

Thanks all,

I was in the same class as her and i know i would never ,ever leave anyone in that state, if she can do it to me there must be more victims.

The worst thing was that i was going for a long weekend away so she did it on the friday i drove down to hotel that day and rang every salon to see who could fit me in, it was that bad ,
so my holiday was spent in a salon whilst my bf went on his own shopping. it was really gutting and she knew i was going away that day. :-(

Thanks all,

I was in the same class as her and i know i would never ,ever leave anyone in that state, if she can do it to me there must be more victims.

The worst thing was that i was going for a long weekend away so she did it on the friday i drove down to hotel that day and rang every salon to see who could fit me in, it was that bad ,
so my holiday was spent in a salon whilst my bf went on his own shopping. it was really gutting and she knew i was going away that day. :-(

I think if you put it to her constructively and tel her you noticed the highlights had bleed, you prefer the foils and that the colour was a little too light. I cannot work out why after having foils you have gone to any salon to have a cap as this would no way improve the colour run. I don't think you've given her the opportunity to amend the mistake which would have been a toner and some base colour to cover the colour run. If you've gone for 2 further services since she may well feel your just trying to get money back..and if you went to college together I wouldn't really call her your friend...maybe put it down to experience that any work you want carried out - ask to view their current work, don't walk away with wet hair as colour isn't true while wet, don't leave or let the hairdresser leave until your satisfied with your cut/colour/any service your paying for.

Latest posts

Back