Would you ever ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
Read the messages on your OH's phone?

I was watching a programme and one of the characters picked up and started reading the messages on the partners phone ....

I wouldn't myself and he wouldn't read mine but if he did I would annoyed.....what do you think?

Big no no!
I always think that snooping is bound to end in tears.
I remember when my brother read my diary when I was about 13 and he was grounded by my dad who was furious. It's plain bad to look at others personal stuff.

I would not with my oh as I trust him 100% but I did on my ex, I had reasons not to trust him though! X

Hahaha, no I wouldn't want to bore myself, I might though if I thought it was worth it , but i wouldnt say anything about what i found, because its his life, not mine.. my son read my messages on my phone once when he was 14 and .. well, it changed our relationship for a while.

Yep I did with my ex just go to pick up their phone if they jump up and **** their pants I think that tells you everything you need to know :D

<3 Stephanie <3

Yep I did with my ex just go to pick up their phone if they jump up and **** their pants I think that tells you everything you need to know :D

<3 Stephanie <3

Haha yes same! His phone was glued to him so I kept an eye on him typing his password. On holiday to centre parcs he left his phone unattended n I had to go on there! There was dirty messages to his friends gf n saying he's leaving me cos he hates me n he loves her. Best thing I did reading his phone!!
I trust my new bf so don't see the need.

I never used to until my husband hid my phone from me, read my messages and started following me around to make sure I was really going where I said I would be! Which was to work btw lol.

The other day I read his just to get my own back, he hit the roof and has now put a password on his phone.

So really I would say don't ever do it, it's more trouble than it's worth. The idea that neither of us had privacy isn't a pleasant feeling tbh!

Haha yes same! His phone was glued to him so I kept an eye on him typing his password. On holiday to centre parcs he left his phone unattended n I had to go on there! There was dirty messages to his friends gf n saying he's leaving me cos he hates me n he loves her. Best thing I did reading his phone!!
I trust my new bf so don't see the need.

Same! Id feel bad if I snooped and they had nothing to hide but I knew my ex did! I think if you even think about checking there phone then you already have suspicions and don't trust them so probably shouldn't be together but yeah I wouldn't do it without good reason I never trust a man that's possessive or weird about his phone!
<3 Stephanie <3

I used to hate getting texts when I was married. He used to get a face on but I refused to tell him who it was from.
He once saw a pic of me on my phone and asked who I'd taken it for.
Just an insight into why I'm divorced from him.

No. I think trust is important. I never feel the need to look at his texts and he doesn't feel the need to look at mine either.

No, I don't and wouldn't. I don't open his mail either and I wouldn't like it if he opened mine. I never checked up on my children either. I think personal privacy very important.

When my ex would stay out till six in the morning and lie to me and make me feel like I'm going mad yes I'm going to look!
I've never once in six years looked at my oh so I'm lucky not to be in the situation again. X

I think a lot of people do it, even if they think it's wrong it's too tempting. I
Have done it many many moons ago when phones were very basic and also had it done to me (same boyfriend-young and wasn't serious). Also all this Facebook/phones etc is very modern what did people do before them?. How on earth did people find out about affairs back then lol that's what I want to know! Xx

I wouldn't even know how to turn his phone on -honestly! I'm not a great one for mobile phones; I got mine free years and years ago. I've only ever used it for the odd text, we can't get a signal where we live. My texts get no more exciting than " We've run out of dog food, can you pick some up?", so I'd be happy for anyone to read them.

Out of interest ...these of you who did check their messages....were the messages you found the straw that broke the camels back .? If you were in the same situation 20 years ago before the advent of mobiles ...being suspicious of your OH ....what would have or could have you done to verify their duplicity ?

An ex searched for me on Twitter. That was a bit stalkerish

I wouldn't even know how to turn his phone on -honestly! I'm not a great one for mobile phones; I got mine free years and years ago. I've only ever used it for the odd text, we can't get a signal where we live. My texts get no more exciting than " We've run out of dog food, can you pick some up?", so I'd be happy for anyone to read them.

You sound the same as my oh.:lol: he hates mobile phones and barely uses his. Except to tell me when he's coming home and can he pick up any thing on the way ! It's more emails for him.

My ex joined a dating site I was on as a gorgeous woman and starting talking to the guys I was talking to, he also joined as a man who I spoke to for six weeks so he was the stalker in the end!! X

An ex searched for me on Twitter. That was a bit stalkerish

I had an ex that stalked me before the facebook , twitter etc. was available to all. Whoa, that was scary!

Out of interest ...these of you who did check their messages....were the messages you found the straw that broke the camels back .? If you were in the same situation 20 years ago before the advent of mobiles ...being suspicious of your OH ....what would have or could have you done to verify their duplicity ?

I think 20 years ago you would have just followed them to see where they were really going !

Latest posts

Back