Would you extend or wait

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
I went to do a client last night a 16 year old and when I was chatting with her mum she asked could she have extentions, now her nails are good but one she shut in a door before summer school holidays, pressure was never released from the bruise but it was only a small bruise, it is now up by the free edge and she's noticed when she washes the bruise is slowly washing away, which explained is because its now getting cleaned out, obviously explained better but you understand.

What she would like is in a few weeks sensible length l&p extentions, would it be ok or should I wait till all gone, rest of the nail is looking healthy just the small bruised area.

I didn't take photo which should have, but the pic shows where is and size, wasn't sure If i was considered a contra-indication

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350629917.871175.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350629917.871175.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 249
I'm not sure on the answer to your question because without actually seeing it its hard to decide, can you ask her to send you a pic then you can upload for us to see?

Also you have your cuticle and eponychium mixed up Hun, just a friendly pointer ;)

And another thing, I'm a tad confused how the bruising can be washing away.. The nails aren't that porous that when she washes the stain will wash away from her nail bed.
Or am I understanding that bit wrong?

I imagine it is a blood blister under the nail and when she washes it is going into the cavity left by the dried blood and washing away the blood. Probably leaving a lovely empty home for all sorts of bacteria and nasties just waiting to move in. I may be wrong but I would personally not do them until it is all grown out and there are no signs of air bubbles under the nail plate or any signs of Onycholosis.

I'm not sure on the answer to your question because without actually seeing it its hard to decide, can you ask her to send you a pic then you can upload for us to see?

Also you have your cuticle and eponychium mixed up Hun, just a friendly pointer ;)

And another thing, I'm a tad confused how the bruising can be washing away.. The nails aren't that porous that when she washes the stain will wash away from her nail bed.

Lol I did not add the info on the pic just the squiggle, I hadn't noticed that and I've asked her to send me a photo :)

I imagine it is a blood blister under the nail and when she washes it is going into the cavity left by the dried blood and washing away the blood. Probably leaving a lovely empty home for all sorts of bacteria and nasties just waiting to move in. I may be wrong but I would personally not do them until it is all grown out and there are no signs of air bubbles under the nail plate or any signs of Onycholosis.

I told her yesterday I wasn't happy about doing it, which she understood but she sent a text asking again this morning.

And Yea that's what I thought, where its now at the free edge it's washing away. I told her yesterday to wear gloves washing up, using cleaners etc and to keep it as dry as possible because of possible infection

Sorry on phone so had to add another reply rather than edit

Where the bruise/blood blister has moved with the growing nail it's now at the free edge, water is getting to it and washing it away, sorry bad explanation I was rushing to work :)

Latest posts

Back