Would you forgive a cheater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you forgive if it wasn't another woman he was seeing???

I forgave my ex who left me for a woman after cheating on me with her! In my house! He wanted things I couldn't give him!

No, I couldn't compete with a man. Like bluerinse said he'd want things I obviously couldn't give him!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've been cheated on, it's not nice, but at the time, and I'm not making excuses I'd been pushing him away I was going thru depression and we hadn't seen each other properly for a good 6 wks. However, the woman he did it with was supposed to be a mate! She had just broken up with her husband, I'd been nothing but supportive to her shed been in to my home, had things off me for her son after my son, an she repaid me by sleeping with my boyfriend, it happened once, and I found out after getting suspicious about him keeping his phone in silent. One night I couldn't sleep he was flat out it took me till 3am to summon the courage to check his phone and each text was flirty, talking about what they would do to each other and how bad he felt and that he was confused about our relationship. It then took me another hour to build myself up enough to wake him and confront him about it. He couldn't deny anything and I made him promise not to have anything to do with her again. But now 2 yrs down the line I'm incredibly suspicious I don't question him but I can't help but worry :-/ not the best basis for a relationship but it's something we both agreed to work at it

High up in my eyes is trust, if I didn't have that the whole relationship would come crashing down!
X

As someone who stayed in a relationship for 5 years with a cheat id say no!! Its a waste of time onve a cheat always a cheat, i found he had cheated n firgave and after 3 years i had found out again he had once again cheated, then when i finally did end it i found out a lot more as people would start to tell me things, if some one is caught out cheating and they say there sorry there not sorry at all there sorry they got caught out! If some one geniunly made a mistake and loved you then they would confess all asap , but cheating is such a horrible thing to happen to a relationship x

Unfortunately I learnt the hard way of once a cheater always a cheater and I would never go through it again!!

Unfortunately I learnt the hard way of once a cheater always a cheater and I would never go through it again!!

Yep i agree x

It's great hearing these answers & others' experiences.

I can be honest now with myself and admit, part of the reason (hell, probably most of it) that I stayed was fear of the unknown, and I remember thinking for about thirty seconds that if THIS loser doesn't want me, who will? This is just some of the damage that cheating can do.

I have a friend who's with a guy that has repeatedly cheated on her, and I think that's a big part of her problem, the worry that nobody better is out there.

I think it takes a flipping strong character to survive being cheated on, at least it gives you character if you had none!

I also believe a lot more people (sadly) put up with indiscretions that would previously have said 'no way'. Once it happens -especially if you have kids- I commend anyone that has the strength to stick to their principles.

I only know now that I got through it once, I can definitely say, never again! Xx

It's great hearing these answers & others' experiences.

I can be honest now with myself and admit, part of the reason (hell, probably most of it) that I stayed was fear of the unknown, and I remember thinking for about thirty seconds that if THIS loser doesn't want me, who will? This is just some of the damage that cheating can do.

I have a friend who's with a guy that has repeatedly cheated on her, and I think that's a big part of her problem, the worry that nobody better is out there.

I think it takes a flipping strong character to survive being cheated on, at least it gives you character if you had none!

I also believe a lot more people (sadly) put up with indiscretions that would previously have said 'no way'. Once it happens -especially if you have kids- I commend anyone that has the strength to stick to their principles.

I only know now that I got through it once, I can definitely say, never again! Xx

I know exactly how u feel and understand your points it can be very easy after a few times to actually get to a point where you are no longer shocked when they cheat and with me got to a point where you sort if ignore it until something or someine reminds you or shows you that actually u can be in a relationship and trust each other 100% x

I love this point, it's very true...
I think no matter how much of a confident person you are if your cheated on it shatters all/some of that confidence, it's horrible to see some people put up with cheating because it has shattered their confidence and they feel that it's their fault or they don't deserve better.

I myself was cheated on and that was it, good bye straight away... I think it's harder for some people especially if marriage, children and mortgages etc are involved, luckily I had no major ties to this guy. Since then I moved on, met an amazing guy and been engaged now for 2years... I say everything happens for a reason, if your partner cheats it means times up, time to show them the door because better things are coming your way...

On another hand I know a girl who only likes married/taken men...
She wouldn't give a single guy her time, she prefers the ones who want something on the side. Rather sad really.
So are the partners always to blame when there's women out there hunting down taken men? Hmmm x

I hope one day it comes back to bite her on the arse! Can't stand dirty wee madams like this! Sorry hit a nerve

No. In my mind its quite possibly the most awful display of disrespect and disregard. Makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about it.

Sorry to judge so quickly but that girl sounds messed up to me. There's something not quite right there, a self-destructive mode going on or something.

I do blame both parties to be honest, I think they are both 'cheating' and don't find it acceptable what the woman's doing either.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you, and I can't understand - why would you even want a man that would do that? Xx

No. In my mind its quite possibly the most awful display of disrespect and disregard. Makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about it.

Yup! X

No, absolutely not. The trust would be gone so where's the point? Do it once, they could do it again.

NO NOT EVER (again) ;-)

Simply the wrong person!!

I have to disagree about the girl. Although it is not right to deliberately go after taken men I think the blame lies entirely with the person who is in the relationship! If a man can't even say no even if it's put on a plate then that's his fault and he is the one who is in a relationship!
Don't get me wrong it is out if order to go after someone you know is in a relationship but ultimately it's him to blame. He is the one who is meant to love and care about his girlfriend/ wife!
I had many "taken" men chat me up on facebook and its not always the woman that chases the taken man. I think women tend to turn on the other woman in order to make excuses for their mans behaviour! If my man cheated on me I would blame him for not saying no! Even if some girl threw herself at him I'd expect him to love me enough to not do anything!
So to me the blame is 100% on the person actually in a relationship.

I have to disagree about the girl. Although it is not right to deliberately go after taken men I think the blame lies entirely with the person who is in the relationship! If a man can't even say no even if it's put on a plate then that's his fault and he is the one who is in a relationship!
Don't get me wrong it is out if order to go after someone you know is in a relationship but ultimately it's him to blame. He is the one who is meant to love and care about his girlfriend/ wife!
I had many "taken" men chat me up on facebook and its not always the woman that chases the taken man. I think women tend to turn on the other woman in order to make excuses for their mans behaviour! If my man cheated on me I would blame him for not saying no! Even if some girl threw herself at him I'd expect him to love me enough to not do anything!
So to me the blame is 100% on the person actually in a relationship.
Here here!!!!

I was constantly being accused of cheating on my OH, which was not true and I never gave him any reason to think this. I thought this was strange and it really got me down.

Well in the end I found out he was cheating on me and it was all a cover up, so we are now not together! It has been really hard for me and I am still looking for someone I can trust.

So the answer is no I will never forgive - a leopard does not change its spots, but I believe what goes around comes around!!! xx

Latest posts

Back