Would you give it in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi again ladies

I work on sundays at Tescos on the deli, I am not aloud to wear ANY Nail products incase they come off and go into the meats.

I have been wearing a full set of gel, (trying to hide my hands) I do wear gloves. But I need to have nice looking nails for my business, as you know you are your own best advert.

I was thinking of leaving in the new year as my clients list is slowly growing, but not enough to give up just yet.

What would you do???

If you still need the job i would stay and just wear the gloves 99% of the time so no one notices,
if some one did notice i would explain that they are needed for your other job and as you are a qualified therapist you are very aware of hygiene and as you wear the gloves all the time there is no chance of the nails coming into contact with the meats

I'd just keep wearing gloves xx

Hi again ladies

I work on sundays at Tescos on the deli, I am not aloud to wear ANY Nail products incase they come off and go into the meats.

I have been wearing a full set of gel, (trying to hide my hands) I do wear gloves. But I need to have nice looking nails for my business, as you know you are your own best advert.

I was thinking of leaving in the new year as my clients list is slowly growing, but not enough to give up just yet.

What would you do???

As much as I hate to tell you this..rules are rules.
As you know Tescos can be sued if one of your gels goes anywhere near any food and happens perchance to fall into some cooked meat etc.
I would think about what you want and maybe pack in the Tesco job if being a nail tech is your main priority mate.

If you still need the job i would stay and just wear the gloves 99% of the time so no one notices,
if some one did notice i would explain that they are needed for your other job and as you are a qualified therapist you are very aware of hygiene and as you wear the gloves all the time there is no chance of the nails coming into contact with the meats

beat me to it there lou - spot on - i know its all hygiene etc, but you would think that us qualified techs know what we on about so why does everyone seem to think we are simple........

its the same with hospitals and ops.. dont wear enhancements - when i had my op, i wore enhancements, no-one even knew - i rest my case

its the same with hospitals and ops.. dont wear enhancements - when i had my op, i wore enhancements, no-one even knew - i rest my case

If you are under anastaecia the anastaeciologist need to see the color of your nailbed, so it's not about hygiene there. I agree on that nurses and such should be allowed to wear enhancements if the are aware of what they need to do to keep up the hygiene.

In the tesco matter I think that if you wear gloves when handling meats you should be ok if the gloves run no risk of breaking. But that's just logic speaking - I know these matters can be complicated in the U,S and A.

Latest posts

Back