Would you have worked on these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
This is another ladies work that came up on my Facebook feed this morning.
Can I ask you if you would've put an extension and gel on this nail?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1503654277.439599.jpg

Depends on the answers at consultation. I'm speculating, but I would assume that was the result of psoriasis of the nails, which can be seen as a contraindication but I believe is a bit of a grey area. As long as there is no current itching/soreness/obvious flare up I feel the nail can be overlaid. Those who suffer with psoriasis of the hands/nails are usually very embarrassed of the condition and sometimes a little bit of pampering/tech skill and make a huge difference to their confidence, and in some cases can make the sufferer more inclind to take greater care of their hands with creams/gloves/etc. It's so easy for them to get completely overwhelmed by the condition it seems pointless trying to tackle it despite the fact it's painful.

If it was the result of trauma many years ago and just never grows back 'pretty' then yes.

If it was just one nail and all the rest where perfect then it would be unlikely to be anything fungal, there is no evidence of moist, crumbly tissue to indicate fungal, so again dependent on replies to consultation I might go ahead.

It's hard to answer the question without all the facts from the client, I certainly wouldn't criticise the tech without knowing

I'm sure I was told not to in my course, because of how weak and brittle they are. Tbh I wouldn't feel comfortable incase something went wrong.
I think it's down to the nail therapist x

I know this tech... what is your reason for this post?

I'm trying to see what other people would do and educate myself....

Latest posts

Back