Would you move abroad if you had the chance?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
Reaction score
My partner and I were having a conversation the other day about living abroad ... just for a year for a new experience and to change things up a bit! We were thinking California!

If you had the chance, would you move abroad? If you would where would you go?!

Yes, no doubt, I'll buy a ticket now! I've always lived abroad... I've actually lived longer abroad than I have in England, in total. After living in Sri Lanka, India, Romania, Dominican Republic & Spain, I felt most at home in Spain and can now speak fluent Spanish, so I'd probably move somewhere I can use that.

To be fair, I'd probably be boring and just go back, all my friends are there and my parents have still got a house there... That I've been offered rent free on more than one occasion! I'm a crazy lady for not going sooner... Damn salon and boyfriend!!

Xx

I would no doubt move to Spain it Greece if I could!
I wouldn't wanna live in America but would love to visit.
Maybe one day :(

My partner and I were having a conversation the other day about living abroad ... just for a year for a new experience and to change things up a bit! We were thinking California!

If you had the chance, would you move abroad? If you would where would you go?!

I have been told by the numerous time my family have gone there on business that Cali is such a nice place to live. It would be a pleasant move

I would no doubt move to Spain it Greece if I could!
I wouldn't wanna live in America but would love to visit.
Maybe one day :(

I would second that :) I love similar countries to Spain, Portugal, Brazil etc. Wow :D

I am in Southern California, home of Disneyland and Laguna Beach.

It's a great place to live for the weather. And the shopping. :)

No I wouldn't move abroad. I feel I'm a bit old to go starting a new life somewhere and wouldn't want to anyway. I love this country and I would hate the thought of no longer being British!
I think if you are a generally content person, that will take you anywhere - home or away. What worries me is when people think that they will suddenly be happy moving abroad because they have left all their s**t behind but sadly most of the the s**t comes with you!

Vicki x

Yes yes & yes! 3 years ago hubby got offered a transfer - to Australia! We had applied for visas, found a lovely place to rent, put our house on the market ... And then my father in law took ill. Luckily he made a full recovery but our plans changed & we ended up staying in rainy Britain. We both have daily "what if" moments even now & If the oppertunity ever arose again we would be gone!

No, but there's other parts of the UK I would consider moving to, mainly Exmoor or the Forest of Dean!

In a ideal world would love to live in Greece I guess, I did live abroad for three years when I was 18, I moved to Tenerife.
I had a Spanish resident card and would always say I'm not coming back to England to live!
We do knock it here but we are lucky we have good health care ect.
I had to come running back a couple of times as was in a bad motorbike accident and kind of made me appreciate what we do have here.
But I always say you only get one go at life so make the most of it, sometimes you have to just make the move xx

My best friend from child hood moved to Australia with her family back in 2004/5. They struggled so much for the first 2/3 years. My dad past away in 2009 and we went to Australia that Xmas to see them. Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful place but when my mum and brother wanted to move there. I just couldn't leave.
I have arcana phobia and I couldn't get comfortable when we went for picnics. The constant thought of 'there's cobwebs what type of spider is it? where is it? Can I sit there?' A lot of people would say sort your phobia out and you can live your life. I'm just to stubborn, I am comfortable here, if I see a spider I know it won't kill me.
I also know that if we had gone, I'd never have met my partner, moved out and my fascination with nails would have never begun.
Also you try finding Heinz baked beans and haribo in Australia!

Yes yes & yes! 3 years ago hubby got offered a transfer - to Australia! We had applied for visas, found a lovely place to rent, put our house on the market ... And then my father in law took ill. Luckily he made a full recovery but our plans changed & we ended up staying in rainy Britain. We both have daily "what if" moments even now & If the oppertunity ever arose again we would be gone!

Its family that stopped me moving somewhere like Australia or Canada - i couldnt be that far away

Yes , Spain is beckoning ........I plan on retiring there.

A lifetime of damp and the cold isn't good for your bones or your head .

Yes I would move to Spain too I think!

The other half fancies France. I'd quite fancy Italy because I can speak some of the language.

But at the end of the day, for all the rain and foibles this country has... I do have a soft spot for it. Plus I'm a real family girl, I'm not sure I'd cope!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

No I love England,I like the seasons.The weather is particularly bad at the moment but I love the promise of maybe a good spring and summer.
Walking in the woods the bluebells are coming up and the birds are singing a happier tune.
I always get a nice warm feeling when I come back from abroad.

I spent some time living in Spain ans a year in Australia and right mow the plan us to get back to Australia, we loved it there and we were so happy. Visas are such a pickle. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

NO! I've only just got here!

I would like to move to a different part of the country, I'd love to live near the sea.

Latest posts

Back