Would you 'sack' this client . Sorry long

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is a very good client of yours isnt she? - I mean 7 years of religious appointments and all of those recommendations - you probably wouldnt even be able to count up how much business she has given you all of these years!!!!!

For that reason, I personally would juggle appointments even if it means p*ssing someone else off slightly (a less lucrative client..LOL) to make sure I keep this lady happy. She's worth it. I also think that her having a bad day is allowable - again she's worth it.

Jo , Thank you . Yes I agree with what you say . Sometimes you can bent over as far as you can and its still not enough . As you say lifes too short .

Jax . I see what you are saying but ALLthe clients that are in the week I get back are long standing clients . All 5 + years and I don't indend to put any of them off just because she won't go four extra days . If it were a salon then this may not arise as there would be other techs that could do the work

Karen xx

Sorry not read any of the other replies so forgive me if I am repeating anything. I think you should take the advice of your second client - to actually not talk to you was a rather childish. But then maybe she was having a bad day all round and took it out on you - not right I know, but heck we're all human.

I wouldnt move anyone else's apointment to accommodate her though - all clients are great clients and why should they be mucked around when they have done the right thing?

I would see what she is like at her next appointment and decide from there. She's been a great client to you and it would be a sad thing for you to lose a good client, and for her to lose a good tech, over a "bad day".

If you have back to back bookings all week, 9am till 9pm, that's a lot of people, so out of all those I would think that you're fairly likely to get someone cancel or move their appointment, due to ill health or whatever. . . in which case that will solve your problem for you :)

Well, if she would still act like that the second time you see her after you initially explained that this situation can happen once in a while + apologized, i wouldn,t take her as a customer anymore. I know that they say that you should be professional and just not care about it but i think it depends a lot on a nailtechs personality. I am not saying that this is the way to go but it,s just my opinion. If a client makes me feel bad in a way that i keep thinking about the situation after work + knowing that she acts like a drama queen for no real reason + that i am dreading her next appointments from now on and i financially wouldn,t feel the blow of losing her...nope, then she's not worth keeping i think.
You always have an anoying customer now and then but if it gets that far that you really think about it that much that it makes you mad and unhappy, it,s not worth it. I would tell her what i would feel about the situation and think that it,s sad that it had to take such a turn.

:cry: sorry to hear about this !!it sounds so childish i agree the lady is loyal but im sorry i agree with brow queen ,I would expect to be treated as i treat clients ie respect and understand everyone needs a well earned holiday !!!
I would call and chat to her and if her response was rude well i wouldnt lower myself to beg her forgiveness :Grope: big hugs babe
xx

well I thought long and hard before answering this one and heres what I think.:irked:
A) It could be sour grapes and shes just miffed that you couldnt read her mind and knew she wanted booked in that week.
B) She was having a bad day and took it out on you because she was not getting what she wanted.
C) She is a prima dona blowing off steam.
Also its not done for her to bad mouth you to another client when she refused to discuss the matter with you so you could try and accomodate her in another way very bad form!!!!

Either way why not forget it happened go on holiday with a clear head kowing you did your best and forget it for two week. When you come back dont cut your nose of to spite your face if she phones to book take the booking and see what way the land lies.

If she is still in a strop then talk to her, she may have got over her temper tantram (but if it was me I would not be short on telling her how angry :mad:I was to discover that she had upset another client with her moaning especially when it had nothing to do with that client. And you had already tried to sort the problem but she would not discuss the matter with you!!!!!! (dont take this im "ANGRY" what clients forget is that yes we are there to serve them but we do need a holiday) Otherwise there would be a lot of nail tech, and therapists in straight jackets.

Have a great time on holiday and forget everything.
Leave moaning minis behind you know they will be there on your return.

regards Catherine:)

Sassy . No you are right ,I am not going to move anyone for her . All my clients are entitled to the appointment that they booked.

Blossom . Thanks . Its not really a case though of fitting her into a cancellation, Its about respect and manners.

Mieke- Funny but your post was VERY spooky as it captured EXACTLY how I am feeling . It was interesting the angle you took as everyone else has mostly gone along the bussiness line ( and I thank you all for that )but you have gone with peoples feelings .

Paula, May still go this way . have not decided yet

Catherine . Thanks . I agree with statement c :)

I only gave the short version of her tantrum but trust me when I say she was absolutely VILE

If a client makes me feel bad in a way that i keep thinking about the situation after work . . . . .that i am dreading her next appointments from now on and i financially wouldn,t feel the blow of losing her...nope, then she's not worth keeping i think.
You always have an anoying customer now and then but if it gets that far that you really think about it that much that it makes you mad and unhappy, it,s not worth it. .

I do so agree with this. If she was so vile to you, Karen, that you have that dread of seeing her . . . well maybe it is time to say goodbye. I know it probably sounds like I've changed my tune; I haven't really, but it all depends on how nasty she was and how it has left you feeling.

Personally I try to filter out as much stress as possible from life, it all depends how much this has got to you. Reading through everything that you've said through the thread, she was awful wasn't she?

Latest posts

Back