Would you sort out someone else's patchy spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I did a group spray tan last night & at the end of the appointment my clients mum told she'd been tanned at a salon earlier & what did i think? She had very streaky arms - i told her she should go back to salon today to sort it but also (not sure if it was foolish) i offered to help her sort it. The salon had used ST Tropez & i use Nouvatan & SiennaX. She's going to the salon very soon but if they refuse & she asks for my help, will using different solutions work? Will blending with a mitt work? If she asks for my help have i taken on more than i can chew??? x

i dont understand how you mean blend with a mitt??her tan would have faded by then and personally for your own reputation i would wait until her tan was off before i would re tan her myself x

Not sure how you would blend it in either. If the salon refuse to do anything then I would advise her to get an exfoliator to get the patchy tan off.

Once the old tan is off then you can wow her with your skills and show her how a tan should be done.
Rhiannon x

Had she washed it off?x

Sorry i was a bit vague wasn't i? I meant respray over patchy area & then blend with a mitt while still not quite dry. Ive never had to do this before & was just wondering how it could be done. As it is, the salon sorted it but she has already said she'd come to me in future. It was streaky before & after showering.

Hope you don't mind me asking but if you wouldn't use a mitt for this purpose - what would you use a mitt for - or do you use one at all ??? x

Sorry i was a bit vague wasn't i? I meant respray over patchy area & then blend with a mitt while still not quite dry. Ive never had to do this before & was just wondering how it could be done. As it is, the salon sorted it but she has already said she'd come to me in future. It was streaky before & after showering.

Hope you don't mind me asking but if you wouldn't use a mitt for this purpose - what would you use a mitt for - or do you use one at all ??? x

It wont work so that it's perfect hun so i really would do what the others say and wait for her to scrub it all off. If you re-spray a patchy area tan will still get onto darker parts making them darker no mater how much you try and blend it. So potentially it will look worse.
Mitts should be used to blott off any excess solution. Sometimes if an area is quite hairy it becomes quite wet. Other than that you'd use a different type for a cream application. Hope that helps you xx

yes of course we use mitts but only for when applying tan and maybe spray a bit too much in on area etc, you couldnt really patch up someone elses patchy tan!! or at least ive never heard of it!

as said wow her next time with how good yours are x

Latest posts

Back