Would you take their money and just do it???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
It seems to me that the consumers desire for a darker and darker tan is simply never ending and makes me wonder if we should simply paint them with some chocolate brown gloss paint from good old B&Q :rolleyes:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/co...9651-how-dark-some-customers-want-go-lol.html

Merely to accommodate site rules on postings here's the question.:hug:

If you have a customer who wants a concentrate that's clearly way above the limitations of there specific skin type...would you simply take there money and go ahead regardless of how silly they are going to look.

For those that do ...do you think that when these individuals are walking around the high street in daylight that the other potential consumers looking on at them would be potentially put off having a spray tan.

:idea:Why oh why cant we as professionals spray tan people to look like they have a natural tan rather than an advert for a brand of oranges out of Africa (Orangina I think its called)

Surely if we spray tan correctly this can only do our industry more good by encouraging other consumers to want to look like the spray tanned person they saw window shopping outside Next in the local shopping centre.

What do you think peeps...or is it just me :eek:

It's you collin.

If the fashion is to look like oompa loompas who are we to say it's wrong?
Personally I too think they look stoopid, but I also hate fringes swept over from above the ear and acrylic French nails that look like shovels.

We are not wearing it, they are paying so they have what they want.

So yes, I'd take their money.

Angie, that is exactly how they want it!!
Looks rubbish but heyho what do I know!! I take the money and do the comb over!

lol i met a guy like that the other day!! didnt know where to look cept the shiney part of his head! i was hypnotised!

but on to what colin way sayin, me being asian doesnt exactly help...whenever a do a spray tan every1 wants to be my colour! id still take their money regardless but do say to them to not go straight to dark but to gradually build it up so they dont get a shocker!! (i like to give them an asian name afterwards to make them feel like thier darker lol)

referring to the oompa loompa look, i friggin hate it with a passion it just a stereotype now that ppl think thats what colour they will come out as...i always use my HGP's(human guinea pigs)to make sure any solution i use doesnt look like they've been tango'd!

It's you collin.

If the fashion is to look like oompa loompas who are we to say it's wrong?
Personally I too think they look stoopid, but I also hate fringes swept over from above the ear and acrylic French nails that look like shovels.

We are not wearing it, they are paying so they have what they want.

So yes, I'd take their money.

lmao!!! Me too hate them!!

I have to say that i have literally just done a tan on a 17 year old girl with a skin type 1, (complexion of chalk!!) a Tandare 14%.....i must admit my stomach did a small flip when she announced she wanted it very dark. I did explain that for her pale skin type i would not normally do a tan this dark but she insisted that thats what she wanted so i got her to sign the form and a switched the old reliable TC3 on *gulp*!!!

At the end of the day, if thats the look she wants and if i didn't do it, the salon down the road would have.

At least she went away happy.:rolleyes:

may I express my opinion if I promise not to mention "nails" lol !!!

I would take their money too, if they are really pale and they want to go for the darker option.. then as a paying customer .. the customer should get what they want and are paying for and yes before you ask I have done a training course on spray tanning with Tantruth so am speaking from a professional point of view!! lol xxxx

As all the rest have mentioned above, yes I would take their money as there will be another tech down the road who will if I don't, but... I would get them to sign to say that:

a) they were 100% happy with what I have advised (written down, signed by both of us and handed to them) and

b) they won't tell anyone I did it! :green:

Sarah. xx

As all the rest have mentioned above, yes I would take their money as there will be another tech down the road who will if I don't, but... I would get them to sign to say that:

a) they were 100% happy with what I have advised (written down, signed by both of us and handed to them) and

b) they won't tell anyone I did it! :green:

Sarah. xx

He he, love it..........yea I am witht he majority, as said they would just go else where, so after explaining the outcome, and they still want it I too would spray......and hope they don't tell anyone I did it ha ha, I had a 17 year old actually ask for orange:eek:, strange but some like it...i suppose

Just like everybody else - yous pays your money and yous takes your choice - and if thats what she/he wants then thats what they will get - and I am never ever ceased to be amazed despite 35 years of dealing with the great general public how very much one mans meat is another ones poison and its not your choice to make - its theirs - your job? just hose 'em down with the chocolate and ride off it to the sunset with the dollars in your pocket!

Omg, I'm only just starting out but i'm addicted to this site already and can't help throwin' my twopenneth in! lol
I can see the dilemma, the customer is always right, right?!! But, the result also reflects on your business/ability as a spray tan professional. You can only advise on what you think would look good, the rest is ultimately down to the customer! Or am I being naeve?!

I always determine their skin tone and how they tan in the sun. Then I ask them how dark they want to be and if they say very dark, I don't immediately get the 18% out and spray them. I do the darkest tan to whatever I think will suit their skin. However, I have had people come in and say "do u do the really super dark la tan in here? I want it." and these r people with type 1 skin!!!!!! I try to tell them how ridiculous it will look in a diplomatic way, but there ain't no talkin to people so I just do it and take their dosh! I've done my job in trying to recommend the right tan but I may as well be talking to my tanning tent. So I just do what they want and at least keep their custom.

Why don't people understand that fake tan will turn out differently on different skin types? I had a woman ask me for a colour chart the other day!!!!! It was all I could do not giggle in her face!!!!

I just thought it was because I spray tanned in Essex but I do far more dark tans that natural, 12% is my most popular followed by 14% then 10%. I can a handful of 'blue' people who have an 8%. They are all very happy customers so whether you think it's right or wrong I've found it's just best to do what they want!

I would have to agree I would do the tan too as that unfortunately is the trend at the moment. I do advise people on what I would suggest would suit their skin, but at the end of the day they are paying for it and have to walk round covered in it so hey ho! Although I do ALWAYS stress that if the darker the tan is from their natural skin tone the worse the wearing off will look....doesn't seem to put them off tho x

Omg, I'm only just starting out but i'm addicted to this site already and can't help throwin' my twopenneth in! lol
I can see the dilemma, the customer is always right, right?!! But, the result also reflects on your business/ability as a spray tan professional. You can only advise on what you think would look good, the rest is ultimately down to the customer! Or am I being naeve?!

They think they are right, but we spray tanners know different :lol:, I have to agree with you, I would advise against anything that looks bad on them or for your buisness, but if push came to shove and they were insistant about it, then I would give them the dreaded oompa loompa look they desire :eek: and just pray they wouldn't tell anyone it was me lol, they really should take a step back though and seriously look at themselves, there are some right states out there, eiwww

I have to say that I would not take the money! If they wanted a darker tan then they would need to book a second session in 24 hours if they still wanted it darker - and would have to pay for it. However, I am also a very new spray tanner and maybe a tad idealistic but I still feel I would rather not have the money than potentially be associated with an effect that could potentially be orange. One of my clients wanted the darker look but was more than happy with the one spray as being enough.

Caroline x

PS. Just looked at the photo on the link ...... Urgh and double urgh. Do you think they think they look good like that?! :rolleyes: That is not orange but a shade of boot polish - a whole different ball game.

Caroline x

i would explain how they would look after the spray tan if it went ahead and that i would advise not to go ahead but if after i would of told them if they still wanted it then thats down to them its the clients choice at the end of the day we are there to do our job but also advise them so yes if they wanted the treatment i would carry it out.

x

I would advise as much as you can but if they still wanted to go ahead i would do it as they will go down the road and get it done somewhere else. Used to happen to me all the time on make up counters customer would be a lever 1/2 in foundation and wanted a 6/7 and would not take no for a answer we would write advised against colour on the back of the receipt send them on there way PRAYING nobody asked who did/where did you get your foundation from hehe :)

Latest posts

Back