Would you use MMA? Are you tempted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would never see me doing MMA nails. It's wrong and illegal, there's no excuse to it. If you balance the nail right, it is as strong as you need it to be. And MMA has nothing to do with speed. If I choose to be quiet and not blabbing away, I could do a full set scuptured p&w in 35 minutes. But why would I want to do that? I want to be able to spend quality time with my clients, getting to know them, their needs, and interests.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:You think the majority of people that run the MMA nail bars actually make money just from nails?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
No thanks:eek:

Just out of curiousity.....what else behind those doors?:eek::lol::lol:

Yeah, sure, why not!

You could pop down to B&Q n get yourself a Dremmel to grind down your product (sorry refine!) and remove nail plate (Whoops, I mean surface shine!) While you are there you could pick up a gallon of industrial acetone, much cheaper!

Couple of other handy hints -
Use your kids Airfix model enamel paints, for when you can't find a nail enamel in a particular shade, (a bugger to get off, but you could use your Dremmel)

Don't throw your old cheese grater away, use it for removing the hard skin during pedicures!

Any other money saving tips I think of, I'll let your know! :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure, why not!

You could pop down to B&Q n get yourself a Dremmel to grind down your product (sorry refine!) and remove nail plate (Whoops, I mean surface shine!) While you are there you could pick up a gallon of industrial acetone, much cheaper!

Couple of other handy hints -
Use your kids Airfix model enamel paints, for when you can't find a nail enamel in a particular shade, (a bugger to get off, but you could use your Dremmel)

Don't throw your old cheese grater away, use it for removing the hard skin during pedicures!

Any other money saving tips I think of, I'll let your know! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the cheese grater, never thought of that one. :lol::green: You're TOO funny. Can't wait for your others saving tips!!:smack:

Just wondering how many of you out there have thought about using MMA?

Considering how clients 'rave' about how strong the nails are and how quickly they are done and how long they last, would you prefer to make more money and have more returning clients?
In another thread, you asked someone if they were thick because of the question they asked:rolleyes: and it was a very reasonable question.

All I am going to say to you is "Mind the Gap!!!!!!!"

I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone on this professional forum who would use it.:confused:

And more so anyone stupid enough to admit to using it!!:eek:

Never in a million years would I use MMA, My enhancements are strong, beautiful and LEGAL.

Im with you Lelli:green:

Just wondering how many of you out there have thought about using MMA?

Considering how clients 'rave' about how strong the nails are and how quickly they are done and how long they last, would you prefer to make more money and have more returning clients?

http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2698-mma.html

http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/40668-nail-manufacturers-council-mma-info.html

Have a read of those two articles above, why on earth would any self respecting, ethical, professional technician want to use a product that isn't intended for use on nails? MMA is a product that requires shredding the nail plate before application just so it adheres to the nail, would I use it?... HELL NO!

Why would you ask that question....is it because you have problems with the way your product adheres and the enhancements you do????
If that's the case, maybe more training is the answer.

BTW, the answer for me would be OF COURSE NOT!!! My nails are beautiful, strong & long lasting & my clients return to me year after year.....I think it's called professionalism, training & skill.

No i wouldn't and I have no need to ... my nails ARE strong...they are safe strong.

If you cant create nails without using MMA then your doing something wrong and i would suggest some additional training and education.

Sorry, but is this a wind up??:eek: I see from your profile you use Calgel, so am stumped as to why you would ask this question!!!

Sorry, but is this a wind up??:eek: I see from your profile you use Calgel, so am stumped as to why you would ask this question!!!

I was about to ask the same thing Sals, wind up?

This thread is either

a) a bit of a joke/wind up just to get reaction
b) a cry for help from someone who does crap nails and wants to do nails that stay on (in which case, as has been said, more education is a good idea)

I wonder which? :eek:

Oh dear oh dear ....

The good health of my clients' natural nails is more important to me than buying cheap products that cause harm.

My clients can have it all. Healthy natural nails, strong long lasting enhancements that look natural and are done by a professional.

What the industry does NOT need are those who discount the health of their clients nails so that they can discount their prices and their service, are unprofessional and have no conscience .

maybe, or maybe just a thought provoking thread ?

i have never considered using mma. but i did used to wonder why they stayed on so well and never broke. a little more knowledge made me realise that not breaking wasnt a good thing and staying on was down to shredding the nail plate so badly.

once you get past the teething troubles that we face early on in our career and gain the training and knowledge to put things right. you are then in the position to create good strong nails that cause no harm, so what could be better than that.

Whats all the fuss about, I definitely would use MMA........ I can also recommend feeding your kids extra e-numbers to keep them active.:lol::lol::lol:

in my house mma stands for money mad a**h**** as this is all these salons are about, there is no client care, no consideration for damage, health etc its
wham bam get the nails out get the money in.:irked:
i would rather stick a pippet up my nose than use mma:eek:

*sits back with a drink - passes the popcorn round, watches thread*

Exactly.........

I was simply wondering from a professional group opinion who, if any of you had had this thought or whether you were money hungry enough to be tempted :confused:

For those of you who have jumped down my throat, questionng my professionalism, education or ethics :eek: Wind your necks back in !!

Angel fingers :) Spot On :)

I have to say I have never considered it, I am trained in Acrylics aswell as my choosen brand and am constantly faced with clients who have experienced nail 'treatments' from NSS.

:lol: Just minding the gap :lol:

J

Thought provoking thread,yeah :rolleyes:

For those of you who have jumped down my throat, questionng my professionalism, education or ethics Wind your necks back in !!

What on earth did you expect ? This is a professional forum. And true professionals aren't just in it for a quick buck.

Latest posts

Back