Would you use MMA? Are you tempted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I think the idea of having a debate on this a bit daft (JMO) as we all have the same oppinion on MMA anyway,
I do think this thread has turned out to be positive,....why ?
because of all of the FACTS that have been posted on here,
I'm sure a lot of people will stumble accross this thread and learn lot's from it,
so thankyou to everyone who has posted the facts, and reasons why MMA sould NOT be used xxxx

I think it was a fair enough question with equal fair replies.

Interesting and educational thread.

There COULD be a reader on this site who was frustrated with their work and fed up of losing clients to the type of salons that use mma. This thread may have just prevented him/her from turning to the dark side out of desperation (dunno how they get hold of that crap but where theres a will theres a way).

When I had my rantings a few year ago about clients going to these salons my hubby actually said to me 'but if thats what the client wants then surely the client has the right to go to these salons - why cant you use that stuff if thats what they want - it sounds stronger' :eek:

I wont go into the abuse he recieved...hes never mentioned this again!!!

New salons must be sick to the back teeth of those salons spilling out with clients - they look like they are making money so I can understand why people will question their own skills from time to time. Its human nature.

I really dont care about these salons - I never give them a second thought - they dont affect me whatsoever.

So to answer the question - no, never, not once.:!:

good debate all the same though. although it has been raised before, the whole issue might be new to some of the boards most recent members.

its a good way of educating more techs on the dangers of mma.

With all due respect i can't see how ?!?

I mean really,any true professional surely isn't going to seriously consider using it,thefore there is no for argument which means there is nothing to debate,just a huge group of peeps agreeing on how bad MMA is

I mean really,any true professional surely isn't going to seriously consider using it,thefore there is no for argument which means there is nothing to debate,just a huge group of peeps agreeing on how bad MMA is
When I first started out in the industry I wouldn't have known MMA from toothpaste, so yes it's a good debate for the search engines to find and for fledgling nail techs to stumble across.

When I first started out in the industry I wouldn't have known MMA from toothpaste, so yes it's a good debate for the search engines to find and for fledgling nail techs to stumble across.

I can also say for certain I have met techs who have been in this industry for anything from 2-6 years and they didnt have a clue what MMA was nor did they know if they were using EMA or MMA! :eek:

I know for a fact that people who use MMA visit this site.. One person made the mistake of admitting to using it, and saying that it wasn't illegal where he was from, and that we are hypocrites for saying bad things about MMA, OMG yes MMA!! :eek:Turns out it WAS illegal where he was from.. I tell you the Geeks on this site, if they wanna find something, they will find it!! :lol:

I know that in the UK you don't need a license to practice, but the US does and we still struggle with "Real Licensed Professionals" using MMA.

Some US States are over run by Vietnamese run salons, (yes I said it I know, but its proven, you can watch it on the news) in which these people go to school and get their license, and due to bad communication don't always get all the information they need. They go to work in these salons, as employees and are given a product to use, MMA and they really know nothing about it. They are told that its bad and you hide it and so on, but why? All they know is they get paid to use it..:mad:

I appologize if this was at all offensive to anyone.. :rolleyes:

Hey MMA isn't banned to use in nail services in the UK. How long it will take for a ban and following that, enforcement is another question.

oh my god no no no
i work from home and had clients come to me crying (literally)
they have had their nails on for about 9 wks now and they are a mess and have tried to pull them off to extremes.its all good and well if they want them to last longer than normal.but believe me they last longer than they want and with devastating consequences.
DONT DO IT:mad:

NEVER EVER

Don't even know whear to buy it from..and don't wan't to know

jenx

when i first started out in the industry i worked for this guy who had a chain of tanning and beauty salons. this guy was a nightmare, had no idea how to run a buisness and cut every corner there was!!
anyway......we all used NSI, and convinced that that was the problem that they wasnt busy (and not the fact that his girls were untrained, he would employ them young and train them himself!! me being the exception) he asked this ezflow lady to come down and we all had to go in a watch this lady and learn!
she said a few things about the mma salons and she gave us same good information on there products and how they are bad. HE started asking some very suspicious questions, for example where do they get it, how they get it and how much it is!!! needless to say i left as this man and his salon wasnt going to do me any favours and i wouldnt be shocked if he has found a way to start using them very bad products:rolleyes::mad:

Latest posts

Back