Would you use MMA? Are you tempted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jollyon

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you out there have thought about using MMA?

Considering how clients 'rave' about how strong the nails are and how quickly they are done and how long they last, would you prefer to make more money and have more returning clients?

Considering how clients 'rave' about how strong the nails are and how quickly they are done and how long they last, would you prefer to make more money and have more returning clients?

WOULDNT DREAM OF IT - AND NIETHER WOULD 99.9% OF THE TECHS HERE -WE MORE PROFESSIONAL THAN THAT AND ooops sory caps - know the damage MMA can do - clients rave about it cos they dont understand or know the implications, for me, all those clients see is, how CHEAP they are

no way no way no way!!
I would never use it, not even if you brought the product for me.
Its Illegal Its REALLY bad for your client and its really bad for the tech using the garbage.
The health problems it causes is JUST-NOT-WORTH-IT

NO WAY, plus it is illegal here

are you serious??????

I don't see how MMA has anything to do with how quickly they are done???
Isn't that just cutting corners and low standards?

Nails with MMA on them should grow at the same rate as some with my enhancements on them so no, I don't think they do last longer.

They may be stronger but - too strong for the natural nail. Two of my clients are warehouse assemblers and even they very rarely break a nail and are easy to rebalance so i don't feel i require any additional strength or adhesion anyway.

I try not to concern myself on what other people are doing wrong in this industry, I try and concentrate on my own work and let my clients decide.

I shop at Ellisons and Aston & Finchers. I wouldn't even know where to buy MMa products. (that's not a question.....)

I make a living from what i do, i respect my clients and hope they respect my knowledge and opinions. I would not offer a service which to put them or their health at risk for an extra couple of quid.

sooooooo, nope.

Never in a million years would I use MMA, My enhancements are strong, beautiful and LEGAL.

I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone on this professional forum who would use it.:confused:

Well it would be great for filling in some of the holes where the cockroaches get through - about all it's good for!

*sits back with a drink - passes the popcorn round, watches thread*

I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone on this professional forum who would use it.:confused:

Not anyone that would admit to it anyway!

With the amount of info on this forum about MMA you would be stupid to use it, knowing the damage it could cause.
No one in their right mind would use it! :smack:

Why would I be tempted to use a product that is illegal and going to cause serious problems for the health of my client.

That would just fuel the bad rep about "fake nails damaged my real nails, I'll never have them again"

Using MMA would be the equivalent of shooting myself in the foot.

The only thing i hear some rave about is how they dont need a appointment and they're done in half an hour..and boy dont they look like it too!:lol: Those types of clients i think are very ignorant and not the kind i want..i treasure my small but loyal clientele who appreciate that i care about thier natural nail health,sanitation. These clients demand enhancements that are beautiful..not "shovelesque" yellowing airbrushed fakers:lol:
Sure they may be strong as cement..but it comes at a price (natural nail health). Good quality product is strong for the average client..IMO if it isnt then the enhancement can't be structured correctly or the clients activity level isnt suited to enhancements. No client should have them done for the express purpose of a set of tools on thier finger tips.

Have you started this thread for a amusing debate..or because you are considering using MMA?
What are your thoughts on it??:confused:

I have to scratch my head in wonder that you would ask a question like that.

This site is a VERY professional site RAMPANT with dedicated, skilled, conscientious and respected technicians.
I would be flabbergasted/shocked/stunned if any here would even think of it for a second, never mind give thought to it and consider using it.

That you would ask such a question like this of technicians of such caliber is, in a word........... insulting.
We fight it daily, and the damage it causes to our industry.
We rant and rave about it nearly daily.
Where have you been that you don't see us fighting against it?

I'm thinking you missed your morning cuppa. That's the best I can figure, if you ask a question such as this.

Oh gosh no freakin' way! :eek:

pass to the left mate.. **settles in**:p

can i partake in this popcorn and watching please girlies :lol:

waits with interest for jolly to comment!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:You think the majority of people that run the MMA nail bars actually make money just from nails?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
No thanks:eek:

Absolutley no way......are you mad?

WHY?

Latest posts

Back