Would you wax a 12 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shaved as a kid (I developed early...) and looking back I would FAR rather my daughter had hers waxed than tried to shave... If she ever asks (and I'd never be the one to suggest it to her) then I would absolutely wax her bikini and underarms etc - I would however never do her brazillian etc until she was 16 because as far as I am concerned NO-ONE is going to see that until she's 16!

Insurance permitting and i would like the parent present but yes i would however im not sure i would do the bikini line, but again its better than her shaving and if its something thats bothering her and the parent is happy and insurance covers it i dont see the problem!!

I would definitely wax, so long as the parent was in the room (think someone else said it - but for my protection as much as hers). As for the bikini line - difficult one and I can see all points of view. I personally would treat it on a case by case basis - id find out the reasons the girl wants her bikini line waxing - if it's just a "fashion thing", I'd try and talk her out of it and advise she wait till she's a bit older, but if she is a dancer, swimmer etc, then I can absolutely see the need. I was swimming for my county competitively at 12 and the mere thought of having hair showing out my costume would have probably impacted how I swam!!!

You an understand why they have said a basic bikini she is a ballerina and with the little outfits you doesn't what any hair to be seen. I'd do it, we are all different and waxing is so much better than shaving. Think my daughter is going to have the same problem at a young age and I'' going to try to make sure she doesn't shave and I'll wax her. If her mum is happy and your happy then that's fine. ,

My daughter is 11 and we have been talking about it. I remember the boys at school teasing girls about hairy legs etc. the bikini line is something else. Like another poster said mixed swimming will be an issue and if they are dancers it can also be a problem.
If the parent AND child wants it and your insurance covers it, then why not?

I shaved when I was younger as my mum told me I was being silly when I told her what was happening in school with others. I so wish I had someone to recommend waxing or even hair removal cream to me, it would have been so much easier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

A salon near me does 'Princess waxing' for girls age 10+
It says to have a chat with the therapists in their price list about the possibility. <<< they must take it by the circumstances x

A salon near me does 'Princess waxing' for girls age 10+
It says to have a chat with the therapists in their price list about the possibility. <<< they must take it by the circumstances x

I like that wording - I may consider putting something on my website about it...

I shaved as a kid (I developed early...) and looking back I would FAR rather my daughter had hers waxed than tried to shave... If she ever asks (and I'd never be the one to suggest it to her) then I would absolutely wax her bikini and underarms etc - I would however never do her brazillian etc until she was 16 because as far as I am concerned NO-ONE is going to see that until she's 16!

Lol...better no one sees it until her husband marries her hopefully.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Lol...better no one sees it until her husband marries her hopefully.

We looked into grounding her till she's about 30 but apparently that's not likely to work... So have settled for husband getting a shotgun license ;)

We looked into grounding her till she's about 30 but apparently that's not likely to work... So have settled for husband getting a shotgun license ;)

Well I'm not too bad then as hubby is in the army, god help them lol

I'm married to a Scot and I'm Danish... if I were a future boyfriend of my daughters I'd be more worried about me... (I'm a bloody good shot ;))

Latest posts

Back