Wow, does anyone actually do nails like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
Using just one bead of acrylic that to me looks to be the completely wrong ratio this nail tech has done what appears to be a fairly well formed set of enhancements (personal preference on length /shape etc - but you get my drift)...

This would've taken me a good 3 beads to do each nail - do any of you techs actually work like this? I'm amazed at how quick...

I've been watching these on you tube and Instagram for a while and got myself a size 20 brush and I've been practicing but haven't tried on clients yet!

I think I have seen a one bead course pop up at gemma lamberts nail team training xx

It's crazy, I use a #10 which on little nails can be a challenge and that's with 3 beads lol, I just dunno how they do it, it seems to just trickle itself into place?!

I think I have seen a one bead course pop up at gemma lamberts nail team training xx
You have, Gemma Lambert has started running a one ball acrylic course x

Too advanced for me but always keep an eye on her stuff!

Ha ha.....
I've never done acrylic, but as I have a new tech that does, thought I'd best check out some techs on 'tube', to give me something to measure her by.:cool:
Caught the above...... and assumed this to be the industry norm.....!:oops:

It's crazy, I use a #10 which on little nails can be a challenge and that's with 3 beads lol, I just dunno how they do it, it seems to just trickle itself into place?!
The ratio is very different. They work wetter and say to keep your brush wet at all times. I've this week off and kids are on holiday so I'm hoping to get some practice at this and have a play with other stuff [emoji4]

He uses 2 beads? Not one?! And look at the glue he/she uses. Lethal.
And the acrylic dripping. What's that all about. You can tell this is NSS salon just from that glue.

When I saw the lengths of these I thought 1 bead no way! But it's two beads- I can do this with a larger brush it does take a bit of practice though and I still use 2-3 beads regardless as I find with just one bead the shape it flat and chunky at the cuticle area so needs more filing anyway so may as well do more beads anyway if that makes sense

Smaller beads allows you have so much more control.

I think he ratio looks shocking. Far too wet.... Can't imagine it's comfortable once it's dried :/
Yire Castillo does one bead too and he's results look so much more refined than this, defo check him out in insta xxx

Oooh, im an acrylic newbie but they dont look like well formed nice nails to me at all :(

My acrylic runs like that but its cos i have yet to sort out my mix ratio with retention+ poweders haha!

The tech that does my nails has hers v long & even with her length they are not that thick & bulky at the cuticle/zones 2-3. Wheres the skill & the artistry?!? Xx

Ohh god how on earth did I miss the extra bead... Deary me!!

2 beads for that length is still crazy, I did think it was mma but still quite a skill to get that control that wet..

I think he ratio looks shocking. Far too wet.... Can't imagine it's comfortable once it's dried :/
Yire Castillo does one bead too and he's results look so much more refined than this, defo check him out in insta xxx
Oooh I'll have a search xx

There are several I've seen that have great nails with one bead. This one is obviously very wet...the dripping gives it away [emoji4]

There are several I've seen that have great nails with one bead. This one is obviously very wet...the dripping gives it away [emoji4]
Yeah it was the dripping/wetness that I was amazed, whenever mine used to be like that (when going wrong lol) it used to make a right mess, I'm shocked it actually dried it was that runny :o

Have a look at Tony's nails on Instagram. I'm pretty sure he does one bead esp the coloured acrylic. But his nails look so thin and flat. They are all Defo mma to last without any structure or strength

I do one or two bead reverse however never this wet, it's dripping isnt it! And aren't they kitchen scissors to cut the tips oh dear

Have a look at Tony's nails on Instagram. I'm pretty sure he does one bead esp the coloured acrylic. But his nails look so thin and flat. They are all Defo mma to last without any structure or strength
Is he called Tony's nails? I love the nail boss and poochies nails (I think)

Latest posts

Back