Wow - how to create these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Foundation, cure
2. Sleek white x 2 curing between each layer
3. Sponge on pink, yellow and blue in random areas overlapping to get orange, green and purple, cure. (Shake it till u samba, coco cabana banana, coba coba blue)
4. Repeat above for more vibrant color, cure
5. I used izzy wizzy for sparkle, cure
6. TIO, cure and cleanse

Last edited:
1. Foundation, cure
2. Sleek white x 2 curing between each layer
3. Sponge on pink, yellow and blue in random areas overlapping to get orange, green and purple, cure. (Shake it till u samba, coco cabana banana, coba coba blue)
4. Repeat above for more vibrant color, cure
5. I used izzy wizzy for sparkle, cure
6. TIO, cure and cleanse

They're lovely Hun.

I saw that photo too on here, I think the lady is called beautiful digits? x

I saw this and loved it! Tried to replicate using Shellac in cream puff and CND Additives.

These are the result x

P.s. I'm Darling Digits, did u mean me Ruby? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353500072.427085.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353500072.427085.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 383
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353500091.903821.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353500091.903821.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I saw this and loved it! Tried to replicate using Shellac in cream puff and CND Additives.

These are the result x

Yes! Haha. I saved your photo also for inspiration x

Such beautiful colours! Need to add some more out of the ordinary colours to my Gelish collection!

all colours can be made from additives, its just having the knowledge to create them. anyone who has been on cnds advanced courses will have a colour wheel and the training to be able to create any tone or shade of colour from the additives alone. xx

These are the result x

These are ace! I'm gonna try them tomorrow =] x

I gave these a try on a client who emailed me this picture. What a Disaster! First when I tried to practice my bulbs went out. Ran brought some. Didn't work. Returned those and got others. Ok, good to go.
I also returned with a new LED light that was on sale. Practiced the technique and used my new light. Not bad looking but I feel I should be better on my client. Used Gelish and CND additives (looking for a class).
Everything went well at first with my client. I start to struggle blending the colors. Paused to have of drink of my laaaarge iced tea and and just missed setting it back and it all went in my bag that had my uv lamp in it. This old a** never moved so fast. Than goodness I had a bunch of towels in the bag. Lamp ok. Whew!
Now after I clean up that mess, I going on 2 hours :( My client's sister show up with her 2 year old because now she has to go work. No worries, whip out my iPad and put on cartoons. She only bumped the table every minute or so.
Now, I start to have problems with the color wrinkling because at this point I'm putting it on too thick. Probably my color mixes are thickening. And I'm using my new LED lamp for the first time and forgot that I read you really need thin layers with LED. I have to remove 3 nails.
So, Auntie didn't change the 2 year olds pull ups when she dropped her off. Baby Girl now completely wets through it and is standing in a puddle with her bare feet because Auntie didn't bring shoes! We live in Arizona and its still warm here.
This not my best work but after allllll that I'm posting a pic of these d*mned nails anyway!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354422937.690414.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354422937.690414.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 189
I gave these a try on a client who emailed me this picture. What a Disaster! First when I tried to practice my bulbs went out. Ran brought some. Didn't work. Returned those and got others. Ok, good to go.
I also returned with a new LED light that was on sale. Practiced the technique and used my new light. Not bad looking but I feel I should be better on my client. Used Gelish and CND additives (looking for a class).
Everything went well at first with my client. I start to struggle blending the colors. Paused to have of drink of my laaaarge iced tea and and just missed setting it back and it all went in my bag that had my uv lamp in it. This old a** never moved so fast. Than goodness I had a bunch of towels in the bag. Lamp ok. Whew!
Now after I clean up that mess, I going on 2 hours :( My client's sister show up with her 2 year old because now she has to go work. No worries, whip out my iPad and put on cartoons. She only bumped the table every minute or so.
Now, I start to have problems with the color wrinkling because at this point I'm putting it on too thick. Probably my color mixes are thickening. And I'm using my new LED lamp for the first time and forgot that I read you really need thin layers with LED. I have to remove 3 nails.
So, Auntie didn't change the 2 year olds pull ups when she dropped her off. Baby Girl now completely wets through it and is standing in a puddle with her bare feet because Auntie didn't bring shoes! We live in Arizona and its still warm here.
This not my best work but after allllll that I'm posting a pic of these d*mned nails anyway!!!

My god..you poor thing. Sending you hugs and love!

Thanks so much! You just have to laugh and open the wine bottle.

Thanks so much! You just have to laugh and open the wine bottle.

I agree!!! Wine and laughter are a must!

Poor you, I think we all have moments like that, A few weeks ago my folding table collapsed while doing a treatment, when putting it up I must have forgotten to double check the metal sliding thing that locks the legs in place, so everything went crashing to the floor, very embarrassing, luckily nothing was spilt or broken. Great job on the nails those colors look fab!

Last edited:
Poor you, I think we all have moments like that, A few weeks ago my folding table collapsed while doing a treatment, when putting it up I must have forgotten to double check the metal sliding thing that locks the legs in place, so everything went crashing to the floor, very embarrassing, luckily nothing was spilt or broken. Great job on the nails those colors look fab!

Thanks you're too kind. The three nails I had to redo blended better. I told my client, who is also a coworker at my day job, that its the first time doing these. But I'm ready to give it another go.

Latest posts

Back