Wow - the carrier bag method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Chickafish

Reaction score
It was awhile back ago in response to something lol. Anyway, it's a lot of fun. You'll love it! :D Acrylic paint on top of the base, then topcoat works great as well.

butterfly :)

Reaction score
well I've only been back in the uk for just under 4 months so probably missed it, will see how it goes and report back maybe even get some pics on finally lol. x

lulu83x

Reaction score
brilliant! im def trying this xx thanks for sharing :)

Rubytues

Reaction score
Great!
Thanks x

picchi

Reaction score

BROOPS100

Reaction score
This process works with Bio Sculpture Gel too. Place newly formed decal on nail & seal with sealer gel :)

Bumblebee78

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks skippy87!!! Will be having a go at this too!!!!

busybee32

Reaction score
It is a way of making your own decals. It is actually a method that we teach and I wouldn't say it was actually 'new'. But some quite cool things can be done using this method (Jeni Smith .. Busybee has done some amazing designs using CND Colour & Effects, that look like Abalone shell) .simply stunning and very chic.

Have fun.
I made a whole batch and then saved them in a little pot once they had dried, you can add them ontop of shellac before you apply the top coat, gel the same after finish filing apply top coat, and just use them over normal polish. Once the decals hit fresh wet polish they start to slightly disolve which enables them to stick to the surface. Then apply your top coat.
You can even layer them into L&P.
The pictures show a bunch I made, them stuck to shellac and also some on a polished nail.
The whole reason I ended up making them was I loved the look on the polished nail but no way was it viable for a client to do nothing with their hands for 24 hrs while the polish dried. This way they are done ready in the words of Blue Peter " Here are some I made earlier" lol
Jen

Attachments

Pinkprincess73

Reaction score
Busybee those are lovely x

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Busybee they're so inspirational! You are! Fantastic! I think I'll crack on with it tonight as having a night off :)

CazCardiff

Reaction score
I made a whole batch and then saved them in a little pot once they had dried, you can add them ontop of shellac before you apply the top coat, gel the same after finish filing apply top coat, and just use them over normal polish. Once the decals hit fresh wet polish they start to slightly disolve which enables them to stick to the surface. Then apply your top coat.
The pictures show a bunch I made, them stuck to shellac and also some on a polished nail.
The whole reason I ended up making them was I loved the look on the polished nail but no way was it viable for a client to do nothing with their hands for 24 hrs while the polish dried. This way they are done ready in the words of Blue Peter " Here are some I made earlier" lol
Jen
I love them! so stunning! Are they made from "regular" nail polish or shellac? x

busybee32

Reaction score

CazCardiff

Reaction score
CND Colour and Effects polish hun.
Jen xxx
Thank you, I'll have to play later on tonight :)
Think i'll get my 3 boys making some with my own cheap polish. See what ideas they come up with, and it keeps them occupied in the holiday! (they're 7, 5 and 3 and love anything messy and crafty :D) xx

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
wow, isnt SG the best, all the brilliant and inventive ideas i have picked up on this site. thanks ladies.

Planky1

Reaction score
I made the decals Busybee did as I was so inspired by her amazing idea. I made loads in pinks and purples, using CND colours and Effects polishes, they looked so gorgeous. I used a couple on my own nails over Asphalt and then hand painted lines in black to make it look like Charles Rennie Mackintosh's rose design, there is a photo of this in my albums on here. I then put all the rest of the decals in a little pot to keep for another day. Went to use them again a couple of months ago and the whole lot had stuck together :sad: So the storing didn't work for me, so need to think of another way to keep them, might just leave them on the bag next time xx

CazCardiff

Reaction score
I made the decals Busybee did as I was so inspired by her amazing idea. I made loads in pinks and purples, using CND colours and Effects polishes, they looked so gorgeous. I used a couple on my own nails over Asphalt and then hand painted lines in black to make it look like Charles Rennie Mackintosh's rose design, there is a photo of this in my albums on here. I then put all the rest of the decals in a little pot to keep for another day. Went to use them again a couple of months ago and the whole lot had stuck together :sad: So the storing didn't work for me, so need to think of another way to keep them, might just leave them on the bag next time xx
Ive not made any yet, so dont know of it'll work but how about peeling them off the bag and storing them on acetate or laminated paper? x

busybee32

Reaction score
I put all of my decals into an empty tip container, you can keep them pretty seperated if you store them in one of those, less chance of them sticking together.
Jen xx

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
I blimmin' love you lot! These are awesome, I'll be having a go at these tomorrow I think :D
Rhiannon x

marion

Reaction score
Jen
I really love these patterns and colours. Could you list what colours you used? And did you drip one colour into the centre of the previous?
I love the way they look so outer worldly, like the bottom of a tropical sea

busybee32

Reaction score
Abalone step by step using CND Colour and Effects.
  • Apply black polish to plastic bag
  • Apply CND Ice blue shimmer to still wet black polish
  • Apply copper shimmer CND Effect
  • Apply CND Emerald Shimmer ontop of copper shimmer,
  • Now leave to dry for at least 24 hours, they will flatten out and you will be able to peel them off
  • Apply to nails just top coat over them for staying power.
Make sure that when you are applying the next colour the bottom colour is still wet, that way they sort of pool into one another.
drip the colour on as well dont brush it on or will get messy.

Attachments

Latest posts