Wowcher madness!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444733328.107858.jpg

How the heck do people survive doing deals like this [emoji29] what is going on?! This kind of thing really worries me, how can people afford to put on deals like this? [emoji20]

I mean I don't want to sound snobby but I steer clear from this kind of thing because I don't trust it can be quality for so cheap! [emoji32]

I think the only way it works is if you have no clients in that period of time, say you know it's a v.quiet month ect so atleast it's bringing something in?

I don't get it either...but they will more than likely be using cheap products and it will only attract clients that want a one-off deal and not loyal customers. I suppose like Misty said above though, that at least it's bringing something in. I suppose it is a way of advertising as well, getting your name out there x

I know but do you really want to be known as the tech that does the £9 nails [emoji17] i know we all can have our quiet times but I just don't know [emoji26]

You never know maybe in the small print it says something like.... "Nail polish or Gel polish on top is extra £10" still not a great profit but would make a tiny bit more sense. So that offer could be just clear acrylic or clear gel. Still ridiculously cheap though!

As Misty says though I have thought about it during my quiet periods as at least it makes the salon look busy and maybe one in 10 will come back!

I really hope they do I really feel for people when I look at these offers x

I wouldn't worry.

It's clear they are making no profit, and are probably making a loss.

They could be fully booked for the month, but whats the point when they are making no money.

I never waste time worrying about this businesses, they do not affect me in the slightest. My clientele wouldn't dream of getting their nails done in a place like this …. and lets face it these types of places don't last long do they? :)

I think we all know this is probably a salon in trouble......
This is possibly a last ditch attempt to bring clients in, with the hope they might be come regulars....
THEY WON'T.:(

Before I entered into doing nails, I had one of these wowcher deals bought myself and another for a friend.
I had shellac (yeah right). The address turned out to be a private house, with a lady that worked in her conservatory, my nails lasted 5 days, when I rang she wouldn't consider any type of customer service! Then my friends minx toe nail wowcher deal was done in a shed on somebody's drive. That night she showered and the minx started peeling off. I would now never buy a beauty wowcher/groupon deal. They can do it cheaper due to having little overheads and using cheaper products. They get a great cash injection and don't worry about return business. I apologise in advance if any members use this kind of system as I know you should not tar everyone with the same brush. But my experiences have been awful

I've done my semipermanent makeup last year on a deal site as I needed to practice after qualifying, has done really well as it cost the people £100 think it's a bit different to paying for nails a tenner though. At least 50% of the people I did have now become regular clients for other things and they all loved their brows so have given me the confidence in my work and I have had referrals from them for full paying clients so was definitely worth it in this case for me

Busy fools, there seems to be a never ending supply of them.

Wowcher will be taking £4 of that, so they're doing gel nails for a fiver minus treatment cost and overheads.

Good luck to them, they've sold 57 sets in half a day, at this rate they'll be so busy doing cheap nails they won't have any spaces for full price treatments, they'll be exhausted and skint by Christmas.

Therapist won't even get £9 wowcher will get their cut and she will get bearly a fiver

Therapist won't even get £9 wowcher will get their cut and she will get bearly a fiver
She won't even have that much Honeybee, these voucher site take around 60-65% of your sale price, she'll be lucky to get £4

Latest posts

Back