Wraps application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Garfield*

Reaction score
I ve just had a lady book in for a set of wraps doing, over tips, and though I trained in 2004 with ezflow, i havnt done many since! I have looked at the tutorial but just have a cple of things I need help with!

1. After Ive applied the fabric, and am wanting to build the stess area, do I apply resin to the faric already on the nail first? I cant remeber for the life pf me!!

2. Is there any difference to the strength or finnished look between silk and fiberglass, as will have to buy some in so want to know which is best to buy.

Hope someone can help!!!:lol:

prep nail resin the nail air dry stripp of fabric resin all 10 let air dry go back to the first and resin again activate then do all others the same.You may have to do this 2or3 times to get the strength remember you dont need to apply much resin in the cuticle area once i have activated the first coat of resin the other coats i start from the stress area.That way there nice and thin around zone 3 and thicker in zone 2 hth.

Thanks for that hun:hug:

Hi

This is what I learned about the different materials:

You have to match the material to tha natural nail....

Silk is soft, very flexible and very strong, so that is perfekt on soft and bendable nails

Fiberglas is hard and flexible which goes nicely on hard but stil flexible nails

Gel was created to fit all nail types, so I would use that for most nail types, but mostly on "normal nails" not the extreemly hard or soft ones

and L&p are for really hard nails

But most systems can be used on most nails if you do the job good enough
I mostly use gel, but if I can't get them to last I look at the nailtype and see if L&P or fibre would be better

I would say that the fabric is more visible with fiberglass than silk

makova06 said:
Hi

This is what I learned about the different materials:

You have to match the material to tha natural nail....

Silk is soft, very flexible and very strong, so that is perfekt on soft and bendable nails

Fiberglas is hard and flexible which goes nicely on hard but stil flexible nails

Gel was created to fit all nail types, so I would use that for most nail types, but mostly on "normal nails" not the extreemly hard or soft ones

and L&p are for really hard nails

But most systems can be used on most nails if you do the job good enough
I mostly use gel, but if I can't get them to last I look at the nailtype and see if L&P or fibre would be better

I would say that the fabric is more visible with fiberglass than silk
Never heard of ANY of this in all the nail education I have had especially the bit I have done in bold:eek:

nailaholic said:
2. Is there any difference to the strength or finnished look between silk and fiberglass, as will have to buy some in so want to know which is best to buy.

Hope someone can help!!!:lol:

Hi! I just got home from ezflow training and saw your thread. I practiced wraps application today, so everything we covered about wraps is still fresh in my mind :D

For silk wrap, you can't see it at all in the end result. For fibreglass, you can very very faintly see the mesh.

Oh, and I learnt to create the stress area with the ezflow building resin.

Hope this helps! :)

Latest posts

Back