Wraps for nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
Hi, i am wanting to learn and do some of them foil wrap things :eek: I know that there are a lot of different ones, i heard that there are some you can get without having to use heat?? and them are the ones i would prefer. Can anyone help me get started pleeeaaasseeee xxx

Heard loads of reviews about kooky wraps and u don't need heat with those I believe I'm waiting for my Nail harmony educator to come back to me on Monday's for dates. U need mani/pedi cert for training it's costing about £50 + vat. Hths

Heard loads of reviews about kooky wraps and u don't need heat with those I believe I'm waiting for my Nail harmony educator to come back to me on Monday's for dates. U need mani/pedi cert for training it's costing about £50 + vat. Hths

Errrrr dont want to do more training, was hoping i could just learn myself :wink2:

u can buy them as there not a harmony product they, but obviously as u know training with alot of things is valuable to have to ensure correct use etc x

Errrrr dont want to do more training, was hoping i could just learn myself :wink2:

....no training, no insurance. Although training in wraps is not compulsory your insurance company may not insure you to do this treatment.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

....no training, no insurance. Although training in wraps is not compulsory your insurance company may not insure you to do this treatment.

does that even include if u have mani or pedi cert?

does that even include if u have mani or pedi cert?
Only your insurance provider can say if you will or won't be covered to do this treatment without the training.

The training is not compulsory from the manufacturers but if your insurers say you must train then you must train to be covered by your insurance policy.

Only your insurance provider can say if you will or won't be covered to do this treatment without the training.

The training is not compulsory from the manufacturers but if your insurers say you must train then you must train to be covered by your insurance policy.

As baggybear said, best check your insurance. Another point to make is that often the training is free if you buy a kit to start you off, as with the case of Minx.

Buy the kit, training for free! It may be different for other suppliers. You can never have enough training.

As baggybear said, best check your insurance. Another point to make is that often the training is free if you buy a kit to start you off, as with the case of Minx.

Buy the kit, training for free! It may be different for other suppliers. You can never have enough training.

Where would you suggest i buy them from? I will phone my insurer 2moro and ask if i need to train x

Hmm this is an interesting one (sorry to but in) but I was told last year at beauty show that I dont need to do course as I've got mani and pedi certificate...think I'll be checking with my insurance company next week! :)

Hmm this is an interesting one (sorry to but in) but I was told last year at beauty show that I dont need to do course as I've got mani and pedi certificate...think I'll be checking with my insurance company next week! :)

As it would be your insurer who would have to pay out on any claim made against you it is always their decission you need to have on if you can do any new treatment. Even when changing from one provider to another (say at renewal time) you would need to check that they will cover you for every treatment you plan to do.

For example wraps is one treatment that many expect to be able to do, another one would be with crystal pedicures (but I don't think there are any actual courses for this treatment at the minute - no doubt there will be at some point though).

But if your insurance company thinks you should have training to perform a treatment then you have to get that training to be covered by them - even if the last company you were with allowed you to do the treatment without training.

As it would be your insurer who would have to pay out on any claim made against you it is always their decission you need to have on if you can do any new treatment. Even when changing from one provider to another (say at renewal time) you would need to check that they will cover you for every treatment you plan to do.

For example wraps is one treatment that many expect to be able to do, another one would be with crystal pedicures (but I don't think there are any actual courses for this treatment at the minute - no doubt there will be at some point though).

But if your insurance company thinks you should have training to perform a treatment then you have to get that training to be covered by them - even if the last company you were with allowed you to do the treatment without training.

CND Manchester offer courses on crystal Pedi's, I had an email this week x

CND Manchester offer courses on crystal Pedi's, I had an email this week x
Lol knew it wouldn't be long before someone did a training course in them lol.
That means I'll have to check I'm still gonna be covered to do them when I renew my insurance in a few weeks then.

I have a certificate for Minx/wraps so thats not an issue for me but the crystal peds might turn into a bit of a problem if they decide to insist on training :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

Back