Wrinkles-what can be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
I know this will be a very common question, but what can I do about my wrinkly forehead that won't cause me to default on my mortgage?:biggrin:

Hi
I would always try non invasive treatments before going for anything drastic. Do you use sunbeds regularly? do you smoke?
You could try a type of electrical facial, such as 'nouveau a lift' or 'caci microcurrent' (other brands are available) but these two have seen some good results. You are generally required to have an intensive course of treatment (a number of treatments over a short space of time) and then it is usually suggested that you have have a maintenence program, say a treatment once every 6 weeks to maintain original results.
Also i would suggest using an spf everyday, this will not reverse the wrinkles you already have but i will stop them getting any worse. In addition, there are also other factors invoved that can cause wrinkles and premature aging, not just sun exposure, genes can play a part as can lifestyle (smoking etc) so there is never a miracle cure.
hope that helps for starters :D

I stock Environ and my clients have great results using their AVST range. The moisturiser, which acts as a day cream and night cream retails at a very reasonable £35, eye cream (top of the range) is £47 and both products last well. At a recent Event day (Environ rep brings visia machine, takes pics of clients skin etc) a client who last had a pic taken a year ago and has used all the products religiously, has had a visible decrease in the lines around her eyes - so a year older, and less lines. Used alongside microcurrent, the results can be fantastic!!!

Thanks, i don't smoke and haven't used a sunbed, always use a moisturiser with
spf, my eyes aren't wrinkly it just seems to be my forehead that is ageing!, i will look into the treatments and the products you suggest locally.x

You could also try a course of microdermabrasion treatments. I've also heard great things about Tibby Oliver's Faith lift facial.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Apart from being attentive to your skincare, here are a few thoughts:

Not being flippant but having a fringe helps!

Maybe look also at hair products you use, as they can be oversprayed onto the forehead, sometimes making it drier.

It may also be that you've got a habit of raising your eyebrows,:| ,maybe to look over the top of reading glasses? x

Just to add, I wouldn't recommend an spf in your moisturiser. They're often not retested after the spf is added, a moisturiser is meant to absorb into the skin and an spf is meant to sit on the top, and finally, you're meant to reapply an spf, so you would use a lot of moisturiser. Also, you're much better off using a very good quality spf of 15 than an spf of 50 that you're more likely to react to. SPF of 15 is the highest it can go without introducing harsh chemicals and free radicals onto the skin - whilst protecting it from a free radical (the sun). Hope that helps!

You can wear an spf over your chosen moisurizer, giving you the added benefit of moisturising your skin as well as protecting it against the elements.:biggrin:

Botox! I think the hospital group do it for around £99.
You will probably need it doing every 3 months to start with and eventually twice a year.

Just to add, I wouldn't recommend an spf in your moisturiser. They're often not retested after the spf is added, a moisturiser is meant to absorb into the skin and an spf is meant to sit on the top, and finally, you're meant to reapply an spf, so you would use a lot of moisturiser. Also, you're much better off using a very good quality spf of 15 than an spf of 50 that you're more likely to react to. SPF of 15 is the highest it can go without introducing harsh chemicals and free radicals onto the skin - whilst protecting it from a free radical (the sun). Hope that helps!

Totally agree!

Youre already doing great things for your skin by not using a sunbed or smoking and wearing an spf so well done you :D try the microcurrent/a lift/similar option and let us know how you get on.

Apart from being attentive to your skincare, here are a few thoughts:

Not being flippant but having a fringe helps!

Maybe look also at hair products you use, as they can be oversprayed onto the forehead, sometimes making it drier.

It may also be that you've got a habit of raising your eyebrows,:| ,maybe to look over the top of reading glasses? x
Thanks Dandy,
I don't look good with a fringe but may have to decide which is the lesser of two evils in the future, i don't use any hair products (shock I know as a hairdresser!) but I am very expressive facially and also through the past couple of years have had a lot of heartache and cried a lot - so something else to blame my husband for!

Then treat yourself to an indulgent massage and (try to) think serene thoughts! When I went through a really crap time, I noticed that the corners of my mouth turned down. Feel crap, look crap. Whereabouts are you? Come and have some you time!!! x

Know a lot of skin geeks won't like this one, but there is a "subbed" that uses a pink bulb to increase collagen production sonreduces wrinkles but won't tan. The tanning salon by me has had the beds with a separate face part that has smaller bulbs of equal pink and tanning bulbs to stop aging while tanning. If only there was a home version about :( xoxo

Latest posts

Back