Wrist Tendonitis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Raven

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to SG, thought I would register as I'm in need of some advice.

I've been working in the beauty/spa/aesthetic industry for 12 years and developed tendonitis in my wrist a few years back but luckily it has been 'dormant' for a while. I recently taken on a new position (2 months ago) for a very high profile aesthetic spa so it's exactly where I wanted to end up and was elated when I got offered the position. However, my tendonitis has flared back up and I'm not yet out of my probation - I'm worried of telling my employer incase they have to let me go for health and safety reasons etc

I also don't want to keep it a secret because massage is involved in almost every treatment I can offer there, so my question is... How can I ease the pain and how would you go about addressing this with your employer? My posture is very good with massage, especially deep tissue (which it nearly always is); I always use my elbows and forearms to take the pressure off my wrists but massage using my thumbs and fingers is involved in everything else including lash tints, brow appointments, 'colour only' mani's and pedi's etc.

I'm just at a bit of a loose end, any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

New to SG, thought I would register as I'm in need of some advice.

I've been working in the beauty/spa/aesthetic industry for 12 years and developed tendonitis in my wrist a few years back but luckily it has been 'dormant' for a while. I recently taken on a new position (2 months ago) for a very high profile aesthetic spa so it's exactly where I wanted to end up and was elated when I got offered the position. However, my tendonitis has flared back up and I'm not yet out of my probation - I'm worried of telling my employer incase they have to let me go for health and safety reasons etc

I also don't want to keep it a secret because massage is involved in almost every treatment I can offer there, so my question is... How can I ease the pain and how would you go about addressing this with your employer? My posture is very good with massage, especially deep tissue (which it nearly always is); I always use my elbows and forearms to take the pressure off my wrists but massage using my thumbs and fingers is involved in everything else including lash tints, brow appointments, 'colour only' mani's and pedi's etc.

I'm just at a bit of a loose end, any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
I had this years ago and was finally given a cortisone injection and touch wood have not had a problem since

Latest posts

Back