Wrong colour, disaster and need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikaR

Reaction score
We are having not a happy Christmas at all. Yesterday my grey haired husband asked a guy in the salon to dye his hair in ash-grey colour just to even it out (his original hair is lighter is places). He turned out ginger green. Hair dresser then bleached the hair and put same colour again and my husband turned same - ginger and green! Then he got a darker dye applied and is now dark brown with ginger gloss. Shockingly the hairdresser is not even sorry and thinka first attempt was what we wanted as he "applied the colour we picked"!!
Please let me know if this disaster can be fixed in any way? Can this be stripped off of because of bleaching this is a bad idea?

I would seek another stylist and see what he can do..!

For definite! But I am wondering if this is even doable at this stage.. And are we meant to forget about this horrific experience or go after the initial stylist? What way then??

For definite! But I am wondering if this is even doable at this stage.. And are we meant to forget about this horrific experience or go after the initial stylist? What way then??
Going a bit darker on the color and a touch shorter on the style will remedy the situation.Find a qualified stylist and it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I would simply move on and not return to that stylist.

Darker is black... No way we could do this. Can we strip it off and make it look ash grey again at this stage? Skin is also irritated...(((

Darker is black... No way we could do this. Can we strip it off and make it look ash grey again at this stage? Skin is also irritated...(((

Why is darker black if its 'ginger'?

After 2nd attempt he was ginger-green and they covered it with dark brown where ginger is still seen under the light.

The stylist must have used an ash colour ammonia with little or no base , classic mistake

As you're based in Dublin, you have a wide choice of reputable Salons to try.
Go into a few and ask for a free initial colour correction consultation.
Depending on what products have been used and the integrity of the hair, a competent colourist will be able to offer a couple of options so listen to what they recommend and choose the colourist that your husband feels the most comfortable with.

Just be aware that correcting a colouring error usually ends up costing a lot more than the initial colour service.

Everything was closed yesterday and we are traveling today. Went to hair dresser shop, they suggested trying to wash the ginger tint out with silver shampoo. They said trying to strip colour might result in even more ginger tone and worse scalp...
Washed twice, ginger is still there...scalp still irritated...((((

Please just leave it alone until you can see someone properly qualified and experienced, not a shop assistant. Tuesday is likely to be the earliest that any decent Salons are open. Get him to wear a hat in the meantime.

If the scalp is already irritated, you are now risking causing him a serious allergic reaction by further meddling.

Agree. But as I said - we are travelling today, so will be difficult to find a qualified stylist before NY. I have already made a few calls, but all salons are booked out until Jan.. Will get him to avoid cameras on New Year's eve :)
Can this be taken to a solicitor? Three hair stylists were in the shop, clearly none of them should do this job!!

I think you are losing perspective. It shouldn't ruin your Christmas, isn't "horrific" and can't be fixed by suing - which surely is disproportionate anyway.

I had my hair ruined last year by a very experienced & expensive colourist. A lot of my hair fell out, my scalp was burnt & I had the final damage cut out 14 months later. So I understand. But I didn't sue anyone or fixate on it because I had a full & rewarding life with much to be thankful for. It is just hair after all.

Your husband is healthy & you are in the lucky position to share the holidays with someone you love. You should be having a happy Christmas.

Take @AcidPerm's sound advice & have a merry Christmas :D

And anyway.......what's wrong with ginger!!!!!!:D

And anyway.......what's wrong with ginger!!!!!!:D

Let's face it, this is Ireland.
This is one place where the husband is not going to stand out like a sore thumb by having red hair. :) :)

Latest posts

Back