Xen tan too light! Many complaints arrghhh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the minute i opened a new bottle of Xen-tan that it was more of an orangey colour than the original olive colour it used to have, i have done quite a few tans and everyone says its not as good. I gave myself a tan and found that it was patchy and had a slight orange colour to it and faded unevenly. I then contacted Xen-tan who confirmed that the colour guide had been changed but shouldn't affect the colour of the tan, it definitely does and is performing like a cheap alternative. I paid £180 for a gallon of this solution i have now got to send them samples so they can test it but am not at all happy with the solution if this doesn't change back then i will be changing to another brand. I just wish they hadn't done this so close to xmas as i have so many people booked in for their party tans and i don't want to disappoint them.

hi, xen tan is shocking now. they wouldnt do anything for me they said there was nothing wrong with the samples i sent in so there for they said they cant do a thing for me. i bet if i was a salon based and gave them lots of orders they would have changed the solution but because i only buy a half gallon every 3 months or so they are not interested. i am stuck with almost a full bottle of solution that does not work. iam really p****d off!!!

hi only just joined so thats why only just postin bout xen tan!! i too have been using xen tan for a few years and knew instantly my new batch wasnt right totally different colour and smell i contacted them straight away as i too had complaints!! was told to send them a sample which lost me more money!! so phoned too complain again said nothing wrong with sample (theres a shock) they said there had been changes in the end and sent me half a gallon free of charge so whos in the wrong them or everyone else??? think i had my answer when my tan arrived free of charge!!!:rolleyes:

hi only just joined so thats why only just postin bout xen tan!! i too have been using xen tan for a few years and knew instantly my new batch wasnt right totally different colour and smell i contacted them straight away as i too had complaints!! was told to send them a sample which lost me more money!! so phoned too complain again said nothing wrong with sample (theres a shock) they said there had been changes in the end and sent me half a gallon free of charge so whos in the wrong them or everyone else??? think i had my answer when my tan arrived free of charge!!!:rolleyes:

Was the replacement better?.... (Like it used to be)

I've been using Xen happily for the past year and am due to order some more - but if they have changed the solution and it isn't as good, then I don't see the point in me ordering and wasting my money ... I might as well start looking for a new solution.

Seems a shame really - my clients love Xen

hi the answer is no not the same so bit of a waste sending it really but i havent found an alternative i like yet!!!! im not a happy bunny!!! x:mad::Scared:

Oh dear... gutted!!

Thanks for the reply xx

hi the answer is no not the same so bit of a waste sending it really but i havent found an alternative i like yet!!!! im not a happy bunny!!! x:mad::Scared:

I've been looking for a xen tan replacement so far vani-t rapid tan and organics rapid tan are fab also tried the 14% organics on me and I'm not orange wow! lol xx

thanks girlies will have a look at those tans instead!!!!:lol:

I'm so glad I looked at this! I've been having the same problem with clients, I was warned in my training about the solution having to be stored in a cool place, but they did not tell me the solution should be at room temperature when being used!!

I've had a new 2011 price list from xen and they now sell the booster drops if that helps anyone x

The Mist Concentrate Drops from Xen-Tan will be available to order from February and will help boost the current professional Xen-Tan Mist Intense Spray Tan Solution into a darker, richer and more luxurious tan-tone. The drops will be available in 30ml bottles and we advise adding this to a gallon of solution to increase the DHA percentage and ultimately, your client's colour. They will be priced at £9.99 per bottle and they are a great complement for your spray tan treatments.

Hope that helps.

Xen-Tan

Ive recently started in Xen tan and clients do not go as dark as when I first sprayed them! I have just spoken to Xen Tan and they are launching booster drops at the end of January for £9.99 which dilutes a gallon. They are also having a sale and are offering 25% off a gallon of solution!

xx

A couple of weeks ago i receieved a sample of Xen tan with booster drops to try out, and i still had some xen tan solution so i did 1 leg in each and the xen tan solution was darker then the xen tan booster drops solution sadly both did have an orange tint to them.

Latest posts

Back