Xen Tan users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Does anyone use Xen Tan? I'm a tad confused (it doesn't take much) is there just one shade for everyone? I've had a sample but it doesn't say which it is or %. I know they do a light and medium for the retail products. Also is the smallest solution they do 1/2 gallon?

Thanks Gem

hiya, yeah there is only one % of tan as such for xen tan, i enquired. i asked for a sample also but never got a response. i think they change the retail items to advertise to a range of clients but for spray tanning just the one, which works on the natural skin tone of the client, so it's not too dark if they are light skinned x

Yes one shade and you can get booster drops to make it darker. as far as im aware 1/2 gallon is the smallest they do. I love the colour though and everyone says how natural it looks. i dont find it suitable if someone just wants a slight 'glow' though so i also use a diff solution with %'s

Thanks Ladies, my friend is spraying me tonight so I'll see how it goes. I saw a picture on the Lets see your tan thread and it looks lovely. It's a shame they don't do smaller quantities though x

I have Xen Tan in my salon and all my "natural" clients love it, fades so well and looks so real but I have a big problem achieving a darker tan even with the boosters... The retail is fab thou and the Dark Tanning Lotion is lovely and dark but it is pricey and they have a min order for retail which is hard for small salons. HTH

Well I've just had my spray tan done so far not really sure, guide colour was good, smell is a bit sickly but not unbearable. It dried immediately but it doesn't look very dark so far but I'll hold judgement until the morning! However it would certainly be handy to use one solution for everyone.

I used to stock xen tan but found that it just didn't suit everyone. As your clientele grows, I found one solution just wasn't enough. Different levels of DHA are required for different skins so personally I found it best to stock a range of solutions ranging from 8% to 12%. I have never had a need to go over 12% - if clients want to be darker, I spray with a low DHA level and then again the next day with the same - this usually works and they are happy.

After showering this morning it is very light, I can imagine it would be lovely on very fair people but it's not anywhere near dark enough for meduim/olive skin x

I use xen tan I have sprayed olive or reddy brown skin type clients and they seem to go quite dark with it, strange its not so dark on you? what do you usually use hun? I use organics 14% as I love a dark tan lol
I may be ditching xen tan love the colour but they don't cater for small mobile businesses at all, I have voiced my concerns maybe do litre bottles, let us buy how ever many bottles at trade price etc) with the uk distributor many times and some of them have been quite rude to me actually :evil: xx

I use xen tan I have sprayed olive or reddy brown skin type clients and they seem to go quite dark with it, strange its not so dark on you? what do you usually use hun? I use organics 14% as I love a dark tan lol
I may be ditching xen tan love the colour but they don't cater for small mobile businesses at all, I have voiced my concerns maybe do litre bottles, let us buy how ever many bottles at trade price etc) with the uk distributor many times and some of them have been quite rude to me actually :evil: xx

Hi Sarah

I've been using Fresh Indulgence at the minute as that's what came with my kit, I've been doing friends/family/work colleagues but still sampling loads of solutions to decide which one to stock. I saw your picture on the lets see your tan thread and thats what made me get a sample as it looked so dark on the pale lady it looked fab. Maybe it's just my skin!!!! I agree with you about the litre bottles I just don't know if I would use 1/2 a gallon with only starting out. I haven't found them to be rude yet but I requested a sample and they've rung me 4 times already. There ringing me back next week to get feedback from me!

Gem x

Hi Sarah

I've been using Fresh Indulgence at the minute as that's what came with my kit, I've been doing friends/family/work colleagues but still sampling loads of solutions to decide which one to stock. I saw your picture on the lets see your tan thread and thats what made me get a sample as it looked so dark on the pale lady it looked fab. Maybe it's just my skin!!!! I agree with you about the litre bottles I just don't know if I would use 1/2 a gallon with only starting out. I haven't found them to be rude yet but I requested a sample and they've rung me 4 times already. There ringing me back next week to get feedback from me!

Gem x

Thats really strange I tried fresh indulgence 11% and thought it was way lighter than xen tan lol but they did change the solution so it was lighter than when I took that pic, which they denied doing, but told me a few months back and said it had been changed again at it was darker again! (so you should have had a new sample) btw i'm the pale one in the pic ;-) I always spray twice but never use more than 40mls ;-) it just goes to show you how different tans react different on folks! Must say xen tan were quite good but I kept goin on about doing litre bottles and retail and they got really nippy about it, at the end of the day they will lose custom because of this so I was trying to do them a favour really! :-D x

Latest posts

Back