xmas cakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
ive made mine today - its the first time ive attempted it. and its come out brill, its also had a few extra doses of brandy poured into it. i made the main one and because i had so much mixture, i made 4 minitures too. so im gonna decorate them as i would a large one, once they done tho ill post a pic.

NO IM NOT TAKING ORDERS :lol: (that is for the geek that was at my house today - she loved the cake i made, and wants one:lol:)

:eek::eek::eek:Glynis mentioned the C word:eek::eek::eek:

Christmas cakes in June, I really need to go and lie down now, I can't think about Christmas for at least 4 months

:eek::eek::eek:Glynis mentioned the C word:eek::eek::eek:

Christmas cakes in June, I really need to go and lie down now, I can't think about Christmas for at least 4 months

it needs time to mature flower - but by god, it will be delicious by CHRISTMAS :lol:

Clever you eh?

I can't make cakes to save my life! Last time I made fairy cakes.....well ......lets just say you could smash a window with them!

I've no idea why I get it so wrong, the ingredients and measurements are right (I think) but it just don't happen for me!:lol:

Sure you're not doing any orders, Glynis???????:hug:

Clever you eh?

I can't make cakes to save my life! Last time I made fairy cakes.....well ......lets just say you could smash a window with them!

I've no idea why I get it so wrong, the ingredients and measurements are right (I think) but it just don't happen for me!:lol:

you're not on your own there hun ,
I cant make them either , no matter what I try !
oooh apart from once I made a double hamburger cake , and a catterpilla cake , (well I used ready made sponge) but i did all the decorations myself and they were bloomin fab , and massive ..
actually i might make her them again for this next birthday..yeah I will , thankyou for reminding me :green:

It's the cost of them as well as the making of them . . . a few Christmases ago I did a shop solely to buy the ingredients for my Chrissy cake and spent nearly 14 quid and that didn't include the booze cos I had it at home . . . :eek:

That was the last time I made one. :lol:

But I feel guilty when I hear of other people making them and my kids really want to get involved with helping to make one, I think perhaps this year I might just have another go. :rolleyes: Yours sounds lovely . :green:

I have always made cakes and I used to do a lot of fruit cakes for special birthdays - the 3D type ones. I've done a Christmas cake every year that I can remember but I can't face making one in June.:)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol: not unless you buy the ingredients and send them to me, then ill make it for ya:lol: that dont include the decorating tho..............thats the bit that takes the longest

Mmmmmmm, Delicious:eek:!

Oh err weeeell:rolleyes:... all i can say is if you had tasted this cake you really would be left wanting more, Believe me one slice is definitely not enough peeps!
I could quite nicely get fat and happy chomping away on Aunt G's Christmas cake lol:lol:.

Now i know she said no orders, buuuuuuut as the saying goes... the proofs in the pudding (in this case the Cake) Awe Pleeeeeeease maker me a Cakeeeeee.

Thanks for great day Glynis, i came away with much, much more than i ever expected, your a star.:hug:

Luv n Hugs
:Love: :hug:
Christi xx

I hope you're in plenty of time Glynis ... save a piece for me please :lick::wink2:

MMMmMMMMMmmmm, quite fancy a slice of christmas cake with me milky coffee right now!!

I made one once and it was lovely - I also made some truffles and by god they were all lovely - but I didnt have a child then and time wasnt such a luxury as it is now!!

MMM the smell of a Christams cake - I prefer the fruit to the marzipan and icing bit personally.

I made a chrismas cake a few years ago, cost me over £100 as I had to buy everything - scales, tins, bowls, spoons etc... Hubby still takes the piss out of me for making the most expensive cake.

Didn't even get round to eating it at xmas as I forgot to decorate it, so carried on feeding it the booze and we had it at easter. It was the best cake in the world.

Latest posts

Back