xp 100 colours, any feedback

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
considering trying out the xp100 colour range from sallys has anyone tried this and what do they think of it
thank you x

Hi, I have tried it and would not recomend it. Wishy washy and inconsistent results. Too good to be true the price and size it is plus did a couple all over colours with it and the condition wasnt very nice after, not soft and shiny like loreal or wella. I would go for something else. xxx

I agree with sarahpoppy, I've tried a few of the shades and compared to Loreal they are rubbish. Yes, the lower price and extra ml per tube is attractive but you get what you pay for! Grey coverage was awful, wishy washy is a very good description of all the ones I've tried and the condition was almost crisp, like a shop bought box colour! But, my friend/guinea pig really liked one of the Heather shades so I do get that one for her but I wouldn't be happy using them on paying clients. X

I have been using XP for 2years because of the fantastic grey coverage and the color is true to color.

I agree with sarahpoppy and coops. Wishy washy, inconsistent, terrible grey coverage and coops description of crisp condition like box dyes is a spot on description.

Oooo ok have used them when doing wovens before and the colours come out nice but not done a full head before just tested a sample last night of 9.1 and 9.03 and was quite pleased with the sample but now I read ur comments :(
Hmmm about the rusk or the ion colours have u tried them?? An what would ur feedback be if so
I always at the moment use clynol wella and loreal but they are so expensive and being a mobile hairdresser I'm battling against people wanting to pay less but I don't want to compromise cobdiion of clients hair as that is of upmost importance to me, so ur feedback would be greatly received
Thank you x

I used one today the 5.62 was really pleased with the results and was very even and silky smooth it maybe helped that my client has the Brazilian treatment but even so it was nice.....

I have used rusk and been pleased with most of the colours i have tried tried 6.0003 on roots over grey and it was wishy washy, I think as long as you tell your clients you are trying something new if they like it all well and good if not go back to your usual, I am mobile and understand what you are saying bout price

Matrix is cheaper than loreal and wella, and has a great reputation. I dont personaly use it but I went on one of their courses and sampled it and it was lovely. I also know aston and fincher stock it. It has a great rep, loads on here have said how good it is. I may have to get a few in, thinking about it xxx

Matrix is cheaper than loreal and wella, and has a great reputation. I dont personaly use it but I went on one of their courses and sampled it and it was lovely. I also know aston and fincher stock it. It has a great rep, loads on here have said how good it is. I may have to get a few in, thinking about it xxx

considering trying out the xp100 colour range from sallys has anyone tried this and what do they think of it
thank you x

no dont like base colours too warm gold if ya ask moi.. tried it on tints and lowlights on blonde not nice!

I asked some girls in my local Sally what they truly thought of the XP 100 colours, and they told me they were rubbish.

I always thought the large tubes and cheap price were too good to be true.

But hey ho, if you try something and like it, who are we to judge.
:smack::smack::):):smack::smack:

Buy cheap buy twise!!

I used a 5.00 on my exstention (didn't want to risk it on a client haha) just to see what the colour was like, one word to sum it up RUBBISH! Haha the colour came out more like a gingery 7.0 had no depth to it what so ever! Yup very wishy washy!

And after everyone but one person said they don't like it, its that cheap why not just buy a tube as see for your self! But only buy one cus its a waste of money! Lol

Been a total geek I googled it and searched all over the box to try and find contact info for the company to complain about how rubbish it was and in the end I couldn't find anything!! So ended up emailing sallys as there the only people that sell it so I thought it may be somthing to do with them, but anyway didn't get a reply from my email!

I believe fudge colours are quite good to! Around a poundish cheaper then wella/loreal and the base colours are in bigger tubes and also mix ratio is 1 part colour to I think 1 1/2 peroxide ( it could be 2?) So you use less colour!

But I'm just a Wella girl I just find it the best x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

They do fade fast. Iv tried a lot of them and always the same problem . You tried the new ikon osmo colours ? Same price as xp100. Fantastic products!!!! Email the company they will send you lots of material for training.with the colours etc

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

XP100 is owned by Sallys.
Osmo Ikon is produced by a company associated to the guy who owned Salon Services.

Try Jungle Fever we are getting fantastic results and coverage with it, £4.59 for a 100ml tube and with their 7vol peroxide you don't need to stock semi permanents.

XP100 is owned by Sallys.
Osmo Ikon is produced by a company associated to the guy who owned Salon Services.

Xp100 isn't owned by sallys!! They stock it along with other warehouses like Ashton and fincher

Osmo is produced by the same company as skin truth who also make tan truth !!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

They are extremly crap! Greeny tinge to the base colours too :irked:

Thanks for all your advise
I will look into the other suggestions
Many thanks xx

As far as I know xp100 is owned bye the same people who make the avec hair products.. which to my knowledge are also not of the best quality ether xxx

im so peed strating a new job and just found out xp is what is being used boo hoo used to loreal and wella!!xp 100 not nice ive used it no fair!!!

O no I'm surprised salons use it if it's as bad as what the other geeks say :(

Latest posts

Back