Y Y Y fill lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
Y am i having such a problem with fill lines, from my third fill on my sets start looking horrible. What is that i am doing wrong? I take off lifted acrylic, file prep and still you can see the line. I know not to put primer to close to the acrylic cause it can darken the old acrylic and still you can see the line. I don't know what i am doing wrong?:cry: :cry:

You need to try to file up to the fill line instead of on it... this will make the line flake off and dissapear.
Chances are, you are still leaving a small bit behind.

Good Luck ;)

Hi,

I am using a brilliant product from nsi called line out, its great, you still need to do everything your doing but a small lick of line out, it is a thermo resin so seeps under the extension, its completely safe on natural nails and does the job.

Regards

Claire x

Personally, I wouldnt recommend 'Line B Gone' type of products... heck you could just use your tip adhesive and accomplish the same thing (as its damn near enough the same thing)
However this type of approach to fill line maintenence contributes to service breakdown (yelowing, breakage and even bacterial infections).

Hope this helps ;)

Why do nsi sell it then, i have yet to see any yellowing or service breakdown guess i have just been lucky, I have emailed nsi for some advice surely they shouldnt sell products that can damage an enhancement I thought they were a reputable company.

Regards

Claire x

i used nsi line out and it was ok ish until i realised that i still wasnt learning how to file my fill lines.
plus line out to me doesnt give a flawless finish and if you are a perfectionist it will bug and bug you.
GMG is right (as allways) as you look down the nail, file just before the line of lifting and true it just flakes away like that.
it takes half the time and you feel so satisfied that you have really achieved something and maintainance appointments wont fill you with dread any more.
jo

Im not saying its a shab product, all I am saying is that there is a downside to how it works.

A 'fill line' is a small ledge of lifting that comes about from either nipping, or not evenly blending out lift.
'Line remover' type of products are essentially cyanoacrylates (i.e. tip adhesives) resins that 'run' under that little ledge that was not removed correctly in the first place.
This floods that area, making it translucent and BAM... no more line is visible. SO yes... it does work.

However... that area that you dumped a bunch of adhesive down was not sanitized. Yup... you can not effectively remove oil, moisture, or reduce pathogens in that area... so what happens? What happens when you stick product, or tip adhesive to an area that is not properly prepared?
Heres another thing:
Cyanoacrylates are simple polymers... (single linked) and are substantially weaker pound for pound than cross linked (or even reinforced cross linking) systems.
A nail enhancement that has had line removers applied throughout the lifetime of the service will be a nail enhancemnt that is essentially 'glued' on, with countless 'lines' of cyanoacrylate resin running through it. Therefore, it is bound to be less strong.
Also, since the adhesive is being applied to unprepped areas, it is far more likely to 'pull away' from the nail and promote bacterial infections.

This is not a slight on NSI's product or people... They have good products and good people. This is simply my experience with clients that have had line removers applied in the past. IMO the most effective way to remove lines during a rebalance is to buff up to them... not cover them.

Hope this helps explain my reasoning ;)

i wouldn't personally use any product which basically covers up something you're not practised in doing. I hate trying to file out lifting and doing the rebalance etc, but then again if you paractise your application and really sort out the way you apply the product and doa thorough prep on the nail this will reduce or even stop 95% of the lifting so stop the need to use lineout.

Its like using the white tips they are ok but you need to do a proper smile line when rebalance is needed. If you learn to do it all with out needing the extra help products, one, you save money, less products to buy, two, you are gonna give a better service to your client that will remain looking immaculate everytime they leave you. Its okay to use these products to begin with, hell we all need help at one stage or another, but its better to learn how to do it without IMO.:D

Thank you very much for the help, on my first fill tomorrow morning i will make sure i will concentrate as you guys said, and will let you know. Another question!!!:) I do my moms nails, and they grow very quickly. Once they are all hers, her natural nail always has the tendency of coming apart from the acrylic on the free edge. What does that mean and what do i do?
Grazie Grazie Grazie

when i do natural nail overlays i allways use a sculpting form and take the acrylic on zone one a tiny bit passed the free edge as the acrlic shrinks slightly when curing if you take it slightly past the free edge you wont get the acrylic coming away from the natural nail.
also when you file the free edge make sure this is done at an angle this makes sure the acrylic is slightly over the natural nails free edge.
someone will probably reply alot simpler than myself (i am pants at describing things ;-)

Tha sound prettu clear to me. thank you. But i did try today on om my fill and of course is still the same . i am gonna try harder but the line is still there.:mad:

Latest posts

Back