Yea Portugal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score
I must say YEAAAAAAA to portugal - being irish -English is our biggest rival - sorry

lindag said:
I must say YEAAAAAAA to portugal - being irish -English is our biggest rival - sorry
hysterical -least we got to the tournament for the United Kingdom....I have always cheered for Ireland - maybe I wont anymore (i am offended sorry)

What do you mean by "least we got to the tournament for the United Kingdom" - we Irish wouldn't be getting to the tournament for the UK. If we get there or not it would be on our own backs.

now now, we are not all turning into footie hoolagans are we?

Oh guys please don't go there!

I am Scottish - and even I felt that the English team were robbed last night (OMG did I really say that LOL)

Let's put this one to bed and not turn into football hooligans LOL.

Definitely not, just trying you remind you, we're not all English who use this site and don't quite see it as the great loss that it's being made out to be.

It's great that you all have so much faith in your teams, it's a pity that some of the people on the site aren't over in Portugal showing that passion, instead of some of the hooligans over there.

I agree that its not a great loss (though I think anyone that watched would agree that England lost due to a very bad call) and Portugal has every right to show their passion for their victory (even though technically they lost). England would be doing the same thing if their places would have been swaped.

And no, not everyone here is English (Im not). There is little reason to take things so seriously.

what amazes me is how something like football can cause such a problem to the business of this country!

It's just a game, an overpaid game which then gives peoplea riduclous excuse to try to con a day/ night of work.

i heard a report on the radio how the delaying of some bridge might happen as they had to do 22 hours of continuous pouring of concrete starting next wednesday, but if england won last night they were going to delay this (at a cost no doubt) by a week as they were worried that the workers would down tools to watch or listen to the match and would comprimise the job

I mean we dont see that going on for tennis or other sports, not that other sports get a look in! LOL!!!!

Here in Spain they are even more passionate about football than anywhere else!!

My comment (can't wait to see what you all say to this) is:

that despite his 'obvious' charms to some:

Why is David Beckham even on the team??

He was Useless all night last night and he hasn't done much for Real Madrid either?? If I'd paid all that money for him I would be feeling like I had been robbed!!

I heard on the radio last night that they reckoned 9millon people would throw a sicky today after over indulging last night - I mean imagine if everyone took time off to watch Eastenders or Corrie LOL.

toni said:
What do you mean by "least we got to the tournament for the United Kingdom" - we Irish wouldn't be getting to the tournament for the UK. If we get there or not it would be on our own backs.
so you should I was just trying to prove a point that I would be more supportive of my neighbour ie Ireland and would not laugh or cheer for Portuagal if Ireland had lost to them - but hey thats just me

Geeg - maybe he should go into making records - i am sure he'd have a better solo career than this wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

geeg said:

He was Useless all night last night and he hasn't done much for Real Madrid either?? If I'd paid all that money for him I would be feeling like I had been robbed!!

oh my god.....someone who has the same way of thinking as myself.......he is like victoria's little puppet....maybe if she had been on the pitch egging him on he might have done something :lol:

anyway never mind england or portugal or any of the foreign teams.....come on the mighty glasgow rangers and bring the league cup back to ibrox this season :p

stanleyann

I think beckahm adoration has done him no favours now. He is a good footballer but when you think about it he now must be coming to the end of his carrer, and poor rooney will have the same problem the older he gets.

However I do think tht football is soooo overated and over paid, and as for the argument it brings people togther, ony if they want a fight!!!!

If true chelsea have reportadly offered 50 million I MEAN 50 MILLION for rooney! you have to ask yourlsef what sort of figures the club is going to earn in shirt sales and attendance to warrent spending that much money on ONE person!

madness

I feel for poor ole venus williams who is out of wimbledon due to an umpireing calling the score wrong and the players not correcting it then and there!

geeg said:

I agree, I dont think Beckham is all that good he made one amazine goal fron 1/2 way in his life and now hes the best player in the world - I think not

Well the new rising star ROONEY must be Irish with a name like Rooney mustn't he?? I'm sure that is an Irish name. You can all cheer for him next time!! Maybe he'll bring the Luck o' the Irish to the team :) in future.

i thought david beckham played crap last night, but didnt dare say so lol , i also thought he is starting to look old , right you can all kill me now lol :lol:

Well i cheered England on last night. Even though me and my mum are welsh, Dad is scottish and grandparents were Irish. Well i do live here and hubby and kids are English ;)

Maybe his past roots are Irish but I assume he couldn't have played for England if he was Irish?? Anyway - he's from Liverpool!!!

i have to stick up for david i thought the worst player was steven gerrard and he should have been subbed in the first half then we wouldnt have let portugal have as much control as they did last night due to his crappy passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back