Yell Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
[emoji112] hello!

Just wondering if anyone has ever signed up to Yell Business? And whether you found it helped find new customers?

It's pretty much a waste of time and quite expensive. I've heard many tales of wasted money and time with Yell over the years. The deep cleaner I hired a few months ago for when I moved said he was paying over £100+/mo and had nothing in a year.

They're pretty pushy sales people and once you sign up to something will keep trying to sell pointless add ons.

It's pretty much a waste of time and quite expensive. I've heard many tales of wasted money and time with Yell over the years. The deep cleaner I hired a few months ago for when I moved said he was paying over £100+/mo and had nothing in a year.

They're pretty pushy sales people and once you sign up to something will keep trying to sell pointless add ons.

Oh dear. I’ve signed up to pay 46 a month after them phoning me yesterday. I’ve now read the poor reviews and quite concerned as apparently there’s no cooking off period in a business to business contract. I wasn’t told that. Eek.

Oh dear. I’ve signed up to pay 46 a month after them phoning me yesterday. I’ve now read the poor reviews and quite concerned as apparently there’s no cooking off period in a business to business contract. I wasn’t told that. Eek.

Do you use Yell to look for suppliers? I certainly don't, not for many, many years. On that basis I wouldn't advertise with someone/thing I would never use

Do you use Yell to look for suppliers? I certainly don't, not for many, many years. On that basis I wouldn't advertise with someone/thing I would never use

They said they’d put me on lots of search listings. But I’m already in google and bing and I didn’t really recognise the rest of them. I should never have answered the call really! Usually I hang up but no payments have been taken and I’ve to receive another call from them next week to finish off stuff. They have my bank details but no payments due yet as this was just yesterday they contacted me. I read somewhere there is no cooling off period when its business to business but there is in individuals circumstances. I may be a business but I am also an individual. The service was sold to me, I am the business. So I’m going to see what I can do to cancel it immediately.

I just have a free listing on Yell and I get probably 3 clients a year off it.

I’ve phoned and emailed to cancel. But being passed around. To expect a call on Monday or Tuesday by someone else.

They are going to try to force you to take the service and try all sorts of tactics, ultimately you need to quote the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 - it's the new name for the Distance Selling Regulations. They have to offer a cooling off period, commercial or not. Have a read of this so you can at least relay some factual wording back at them during your conversation on Monday/Tuesday. I would also be emailing your contact to confirm the cancellation request today, then it's actually on record instead of a 'potentially' missed message.

https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business...ne-selling/distance-selling-what-the-law-says

They are going to try to force you to take the service and try all sorts of tactics, ultimately you need to quote the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 - it's the new name for the Distance Selling Regulations. They have to offer a cooling off period, commercial or not. Have a read of this so you can at least relay some factual wording back at them during your conversation on Monday/Tuesday. I would also be emailing your contact to confirm the cancellation request today, then it's actually on record instead of a 'potentially' missed message.

https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business...ne-selling/distance-selling-what-the-law-says

Thanks for that. I’ll have a read.

Sadly, there is no cooling off period for businesses. Looks like I’m stuck paying a monthly fee for a service I’ve not even got up and running. The Regulations Act you mention about does say in brackets (rather than business to Business) or words to that effect. So annoyed with myself.

Sadly, there is no cooling off period for businesses. Looks like I’m stuck paying a monthly fee for a service I’ve not even got up and running. The Regulations Act you mention about does say in brackets (rather than business to Business) or words to that effect. So annoyed with myself.

Blimey! I've been doing some Googling, Yell have properly buttoned it down to screw you over if you want to cancel haven't they. Not sure if I understood it fully but i think you can yry buying yourself out of thr contract, no idea if it will work or how much but it might be an option. Or ask if you can stall to start date until you are actually up and running.

Blimey! I've been doing some Googling, Yell have properly buttoned it down to screw you over if you want to cancel haven't they. Not sure if I understood it fully but i think you can yry buying yourself out of thr contract, no idea if it will work or how much but it might be an option. Or ask if you can stall to start date until you are actually up and running.
There is a big reason they rebranded to Hibu for a while because they had such a bad rep and were in legal trouble. They're really the bottom of the barrel.

Well it seems I’m not actually on board until the next call, when they take all my social site details etc. Until I accept that call, as far as I can see, I’m not actually receiving any service from them and they can’t provide me with a service. They have now listed my business but I’d have got that with a free listing. If I’ve not received a service I’m not sure they have a case against me. They didn’t tell me I’d have no cooling off period. I tried to cancel just 19 hours after the call. So I’ve had a conversation on the phone with 2 people and I’ve now written a second email maintaining that I’m still not happy to proceed to the next stage.

Well it seems I’m not actually on board until the next call, when they take all my social site details etc. Until I accept that call, as far as I can see, I’m not actually receiving any service from them and they can’t provide me with a service. They have now listed my business but I’d have got that with a free listing. If I’ve not received a service I’m not sure they have a case against me. They didn’t tell me I’d have no cooling off period. I tried to cancel just 19 hours after the call. So I’ve had a conversation on the phone with 2 people and I’ve now written a second email maintaining that I’m still not happy to proceed to the next stage.
Honestly, I'd be willing to take it to court if it came to it. Any reasonable judge (in my opinion and I'm no solicitor) would say it's unfair practice. How they take your details? Bank details? Delete the direct debit and you are protected by a direct debit guarantee. Card? Call up the bank and say you lost it and want a new one. They can't bill you then.

Honestly, I'd be willing to take it to court if it came to it. Any reasonable judge (in my opinion and I'm no solicitor) would say it's unfair practice. How they take your details? Bank details? Delete the direct debit and you are protected by a direct debit guarantee. Card? Call up the bank and say you lost it and want a new one. They can't bill you then.

Hi
That’s how I see it too. I received an email today claiming I said I hadn’t read the contract of agreement so since they raised that I pointed out that at no time was I given the opportunity to read the agreement/terms of agreement. The phone call was carried out at the sales mans pace via screen sharing. He dictated the speed at which we went through things, by controlling the screen, instructing me to respond to emails on the spot that he’d sent me. I was asked to put my signature to the agreement there and then. I wouldn’t have done that had I known there was no cooling off period. The business yo business argument wears thin I think as he knew he was dealing with an individual, me, I am the business. I’m not part of a company or large business. Plus they haven’t provided me with a service and I’m not due them any funds. I already removed my direct debit. But I know from googling that plenty people get threatening letters to send bailiffs. But I’m sure it has to go to court first and I need to be given the opportunity to respond before it goes that way. I’m hardly going to do business with a company purely on the basis that I signed a 12 month contract with no time to read the agreement. I can do without the fuss.

Latest posts

Back