Yellow bl**dy pages!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Why wont they leave me alone arg!! I keep being bomarded with calls leaflets and the like! and get this yesterday thought right lets see what the crack is so called them up to find out how much a linage ad was, the robot on the end of the phone kept repeating its £54 for a bold print ad!!! I was like right thats the 4th time you have said that now how nuch is it for linage? FREE ha ha bloody scammers the way she was saying I had to take out this £50 advert, and who else keeps getting comapnies calling telling you that you can be in there fire safey booklet for only £100 odd quid :mad:lol

just tell them that your advertising budget is all spent up for the next 12 months.

I posted about this on a similar note not so long ago and agree it is really annoying.

However, somebody did validly point out that the person trying to sell the advertizing space is trying to earn a living. They probably get paid on commission. They can get in your face a bit though.

I just tell them that I have my advertizing in place 'thank you' and am happy with what I have. They usually leave me alone after this.

just after I posted this yet another call, even when you say no they keep babbling! I understand they are only doing their job but I'm really getting close to just hanging up on them lol

However, somebody did validly point out that the person trying to sell the advertizing space is trying to earn a living.
That was me... (if I remember correctly)

I sell advertising space for a lifestyle magazine but I know when to call it a day, I'm extremely patient and I find this gets me more clients in the long run because they know I'm not pushing them into the sale even though I'm paid on a 'commission only' basis with no basic at all!

Because Yellow Pages isn't a monthly publication I would tell them that you're not in a financial position to pay out for anymore advertising than you already have for the time being and for them to kindly not call you again for at least 6 months.

If you're nice then the chances are that they will be nice in return... :green:

That was me... (if I remember correctly)

I sell advertising space for a lifestyle magazine but I know when to call it a day, I'm extremely patient and I find this gets me more clients in the long run because they know I'm not pushing them into the sale even though I'm paid on a 'commission only' basis with no basic at all!

Because Yellow Pages isn't a monthly publication I would tell them that you're not in a financial position to pay out for anymore advertising than you already have for the time being and for them to kindly not call you again for at least 6 months.

If you're nice then the chances are that they will be nice in return... :green:

I'm always nice, just some of them are like robots and keep on reapeating themselves lol x

Just say that you havent any spare money for advertising for the next 6-12 months and could they mark so on your file so you dont keep getting called up! The trouble with Yellow Pages is that no info is passed on so unless they mark your file then nobody will know not to call you! xx

Tell them you are moving abroad. Whenever I got cold calls and said I was moving to Spain it got them off the phone quick ... and they never called back!

This is not exactly about advertizing calls, but when my hubby and I got engaged in USA (we never advertized it) we suddenly got an enthusiastic call from a photographic company saying that they would be delighted to photograph our wedding (how did they know?).

I allowed them to describe their fantastic service, prices, various packages etc..... I oohed and aahed and told them how wonderful it all sounded (it sounded great)!

Finally they asked if we had set a wedding date and venue. I said yes! 24th August in Zimbabwe. They said, "Oh, well best wishes," and the phone went click!

Honestly it was very enthusiastic of them but they couldn't get off the phone fast enough:lol:.

This is not exactly about advertizing calls, but when my hubby and I got engaged in USA (we never advertized it) we suddenly got an enthusiastic call from a photographic company saying that they would be delighted to photograph our wedding (how did they know?).

I allowed them to describe their fantastic service, prices, various packages etc..... I oohed and aahed and told them how wonderful it all sounded (it sounded great)!

Finally they asked if we had set a wedding date and venue. I said yes! 24th August in Zimbabwe. They said, "Oh, well best wishes," and the phone went click!

Honestly it was very enthusiastic of them but they couldn't get off the phone fast enough:lol:.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have joined the list to stop all these type of calls and when they do call and I tell them they quickly say sorry and are gone forever :)

I have joined the list to stop all these type of calls and when they do call and I tell them they quickly say sorry and are gone forever

TPS (Telephone Preference Service)... it's free of charge, you're on the list 28 days after registration (at least that's how it used to be) and the caller faces a fine if they ring you (not the company)... the fine used to be £5,000, unsure as to whether it's changed since I was in the telesales business in the UK.

just tell them that your advertising budget is all spent up for the next 12 months.

great idea! think i'll try that! :hug:

Do they do the service for mobiles too? x

dont know, but it still dosent work all the time, we get less now, but still loads of annoying ones, the ones where you cant understand the persons name etc, then they cant understand what you are saying about being on TPS, so you have to put the phone down, so you get calls off them for a week or so, until one of them can understand enough of my scouse accent to realise what im trying to tell them, then they stop, until the next company starts, iv never been able to get the persons name so cant fine them grrrr lol

still its a lot less nusiance calls than we used to get, so still worth enrolling xxxx

:twisted:Well I posted this link a while back, it's the perfect way to get rid of cold callers ... and seek revenge :twisted: . It takes a while to load, and it's quite long, but bear with it cos it is just hilarious! warning. dongs. Wouldn't you just love to do something like that to your next call from your YP rep, or double glazing salesman!!!!!

Latest posts

Back