Yellow/brown under gel enhancement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breda

Reaction score
Any help appreciated,
I trained a couple of months ago I. Gel Enhancements and have been doing my sisters nails since.
Yesterday she told me her thumb popped off and she glued it back on 2/3 days previous . When I removed the nails there was yellow-brown staining, similar to smokers nails although she doesn’t smoke.
She regularly uses tan so that’s what we though first but I didn’t all file off and I didn’t want to overwork the nail.
-there was no green that you would see in bacterial.
-There was no white, no unpleasant smell. I don’t think it was crumbly but maybe a tiny bit flaky that came off straight away. Do you still think it could be fungus? I understand it’s very rare in fingernails?
I am extremely cautious in my prep, use a new file and only use professional products.
I use The Manicure Company, And I saw a post where a very experienced tech had found brown staining under acrylic after her salon switched to that brand? Could that have anything to do with it ?
I don’t have a pic, i feel awful if I have caused an issue. I literally couldn’t sleep last night thinking of it

It's a greenie, use the search facility on here for loads of information

It's a greenie, use the search facility on here for loads of information
Thank you for your reply, so it’s a greenie even without any green at all ? Or does it’s start as that colour and turn green ?

Thank you for your reply, so it’s a greenie even without any green at all ? Or does it’s start as that colour and turn green ?

It starts as green and turns brown the longer its been there

Usually that means there is a lift somewhere in the nail enhancement where moister is getting to and trapped causing the brown spot.

Ah ok, so not good but Just relieved not fungal. Can I also ask as I’m a bit confused, in my training we were told if there is a greenie you buff what you can but then the nail can’t be worked on until it has grown out. But I see a lot of people say with the right prep it can be. Does that seem to be the standard practice ?

Tell her not to glue it back on again! Lol.

I was taught to remove the enhancement completely, clean and sanitise then you can reapply the enhancement. Bin the file used on that nail.

Latest posts

Back