Yellow hair-with pics-need help with toner please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixiedoo

Reaction score
My hait has been dyed with loreal platinium (amonia free) ..i did have some old highlights and lowlights which have grown out a few inches(hence the yellow colour) . Im looking at toners specifically loreal deep ash, wella t18 or manic panic yo turn this more ash and neautral. Has anyone got any advice on what would worl best? The 1dt photo is with flash 2nd is without and last one is the colour im aimimg for.

Any advice muchly appreciated..x

Last edited:
Only one picture?

Also, are you a hairdresser or have you been to the salon to have your hair done?

Sorry it hadnt uploaded properly, as you can guess the last 2 are mine :)

Sorry, just seen you are a consumer. This is easily rectified by a qualified stylist by using the correct ones to cool it down slightly. If you pop back to where you had it done, they will be able to tone it no bother to make you happier with it.

Unfortunately we cannot hand out specific product names and numbers etc as this needs to be rectified by a trained professional. If you didn't apply a toner correctly you could end up with a nice mix of yellow, grey, purple etc hair! But don't worry, it's so easily fixed and I'm sure the salon will be happy to help you out.

No im no hairdresser, although ive made plenty hair errors in the past. This was done by a hd, booked up until 4 weeks...i cant wait that long with neon hair! Was recommeneded silver shampoo...which ive tried and let it sit for 20 mins but hasnt really made a difference :(

If she has left you like this, she should be squeezing you in ASAP to fix it for you, it's her responsibility.

Yeah, whats yr thoughta om the semi perm toners for a quick fix just to tone it down?

I wouldn't put anything on it yourself cos it will grab so quickly, it's really quite light so it will suck it up so fast and you'll be left patchy. Use a silver shampoo like the Schwarzkopf BC one, it's really heavily pigmented so will do the best for it. Some silver shampoos are really weak so won't give you much tone at all.

Ok thanks, ive tried the loreal professional silv one and fudge but ill try that one! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back