Yellow Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNailDiva

Reaction score
Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help? Had to go back to a new client yesterday - 4 of her nails had large areas of really bad yellow staining on them. She said that they had started as a small patch and then got bigger each day. It did buff off. She doesn't use sunbeds or false tan. Not had this before on anyone else. It was a tobacco colour. Any ideas? I use NSI products (L & P).

Deana.

You posted a "tobacco" colour so I will ask the obvious question. I don't know whether smoking will cause artificial nails to yellow but if it causes natural nails to yellow, and all sorts of things cause artificial nails to yellow then one might deduce that smoking causes yellowing? Can anyone verify this?

If not, then I don't know what it would be - did you switch brushes for 4 nails and possibly your brush was contaminated? Or did you start out on these 4 nails and the brush may have been contaminated and then by the 5th nail on it wasn't anymore? I am just throwing all these ideas out in case any of them happen to make sense.

Laura

she doesnt smoke - and the 1st nail that I did on that hand was the little finger - which was not discoloured. The worst affected was the thumb which was the 5th finger I did on that hand so don't think that it was my brush - I only used 1.

Deana.

Very weird!!

I feel better already, if someone with as much experience as you Geeg also thinks that it is weird!

I will see how she goes this time - she is booked in for next week anyway.

Deana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back