Yellow nails !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahknm

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a lady who just has manicures and her nails are yellow. She always wears a base coat and does not use dark colours. I am a little stumped because they are really yellow. Does any one know what this could be?
Thanks

smokin or calcium deficincy?

could be many things....i really think that as with teeth some peoples nails are just more discoloured than others.

But you could ask her if she uses any lotions with fake tan in them...is she cleaning them regularly with a nail brush...she could try a nail brighter soak...Bubble White is quite good.

x

Don't fungal nail infections make the nails yellow, brittle also?

I shouldn't imagine it would be nicotine, as I have only really noticed that staining two nails at the most... and the grey hair :eek:

Which base coat is she using? I thought if a basecoat contains Keratin such as Jessica basecoats then the keratin and vitamins are absorbed into the nail plate which can turn them yellow.

Not sure which base cost I will have to ask here but they are REALLY yellow almost luminous!!

It sounds like one of two things:

Environmental discolouration - coming into contact with a product (such as fake tan, certain disinfectants, metal cleaning agents etc)

Nail products - Lower cost polishs may contain cheap dyes that absorb deeply and cause staining. Also some basecoats and hardeners contain formaldehyde or formalin (another form of formaldehyde) these make the nail plate more brittle and less flexible, and can deeply discolour the nail plate.

Thanks for all the advice. If I can figure out how to load photos I will post a photo and you can se how yellow they are. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back