Yellow Pages advert incorrect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I really really can't beleive the morans at Yell...i have had 3 proofs since I sent my original advert text into them and all along they had my email address correct, but other details incorrect....so on the 4th I checked the details and all was finally correct that had been wrong.....but the bloody email address - for some reason they decided to changeit !!!

it was fine before :twisted:

So i posted the amend back and kept a copy but heard nothing after 2 days so i sent it on the fax and called them only to be told it had gone to press....

I am so so anoyed about this, I hadnt signed off the advert as they kept getting it wrong...I was told on Saturday someone from headoffice will call me but what can they do, I really hope i don't lose business due to their inaccuracies....

PS the email adresses they have printed has been taken by another nail techncian so there is nothing I can do....

Demand your money back. If your details aren't correct and you haven't signed off on the proof they can't really argue with you. I used to have this problem when I advertised in the local paper (In my old job) They would send a proof and we would sign it off, but something completely different appeared in the paper!!!
Ring up and give them hell.. .after all you may loose business to other nail techs.

Fab Freak said:
I really really can't beleive the morans at Yell...i have had 3 proofs since I sent my original advert text into them and all along they had my email address correct, but other details incorrect....so on the 4th I checked the details and all was finally correct that had been wrong.....but the bloody email address - for some reason they decided to changeit !!!

it was fine before :twisted:

So i posted the amend back and kept a copy but heard nothing after 2 days so i sent it on the fax and called them only to be told it had gone to press....

I am so so anoyed about this, I hadnt signed off the advert as they kept getting it wrong...I was told on Saturday someone from headoffice will call me but what can they do, I really hope i don't lose business due to their inaccuracies....

PS the email adresses they have printed has been taken by another nail techncian so there is nothing I can do....
Sorry to hear that, Make sure that you dont have to pay for a full price and get a discount for next year. Email the tech maybe she will forward any emails to you. But as a Nail Technician her self she might be mean a pinch your prospective clintell. Best of luck

They are not only making you lose on clients...they are also encouraging them to go elsewhere........grrrrrrrrr

If they are not competent enough to do their job..they should be the ones to lose out....

You paid good money for a good advert....so do not accept apologies...demand money back! (if they don't accept at all costs...try to negotiate another advert for free for next time)...but do not leave empty handed!!

Yollie

not only would i not expect to pay for this advert, i would look to some form of compensation for lost business...

Oh Louise - I know how you were so looking forward to this advert being placed. As well as insisting on a full refund, I think the least they can do is give you the advert free in the next issue, not only to compensate for lost business, earnings, etc, but also your time and all the stress/anxiety it has caused you. That is the least they can do.

Thanks for all the support...

I am going to read through their fine print on the terms and conditions tonight to see where I stand, hoping for a freebee on Yell.com with me at the top of the listings for the area..,.will let you know what they offer me....

oh i am wary now , i have had to re check mine about 4 times aswell, i will have a fit if its wrong :evil: , fab freak r u in the bradford yp , coz i wonder if its just them :confused:

Its funny - I was in the process of getting an add in yellow pages - until they got the proof wrong for the third time! Im sure thay were just typing any old thing down it was so wrong!

dee said:
oh i am wary now , i have had to re check mine about 4 times aswell, i will have a fit if its wrong :evil: , fab freak r u in the bradford yp , coz i wonder if its just them :confused:

Not quite sure what you mean Dee, the yellow pages are a national company so whether you book for glasgow, mancester or leeds you will ring & could speak to the same person....does that answer your question?

hi yeah i meant , do they have there own regional offices that deal with it , maybe the bradford ones are a bit ****, hope i havent confused you more :lol:

I had the same thing, took out an add with Yell.com and spent the next 6 months calling them to get them to correct my phone number - over and over and over again. It finally got fixed and i had them refund me the total cost of the advert from the day it was taken out to the day it got fixed, they himmed and hawwed over this but i reminded them that all goods purhased under the sales and goods act state that they should be 'as described and as per the sample' and the add wasn't in compliance with that. The cheque arrived the other day :biggrin:

Lou

A Colleague of mine also placed an ad in yellow pages (she does wedding hair and makeup)
she was never given a proof and she also contacted them about it well before it would have gone to press about adding her website and that she also does nails now too the guy she spoke to said it was all fine
and guess what when the yellow pages came out there was a nice picture with it but it was of a man doing hair and not my friend!! :eek:
they put her email address on it and not her website and forgot to mention the important bit that she is also a nail tech!!
i think she got a discount but i dont think it was on she gave them all the rite info and they messed up!

Jess
xox

dee said:
hi yeah i meant , do they have there own regional offices that deal with it , maybe the bradford ones are a bit ****, hope i havent confused you more :lol:

Its pot luck on their call centres but I am sure they were in Slough dont know if this is still the case though..

Hello

Yell.com cocked up for us, at least it was fairly easy to put right - a few days of the wrong number showing which surprising takes minutes to upload but days to correct. They did give us a small discount - nothing to write home about and a very small apology - you know the one, so sorry for any inconvenience but I don't really care because I still get my monthly cheque.

Keep trying with the discount, ask for complaints etc and don;t stop at the first offer.

Cathy

hey all just thought id add to this one - shame its not a good news thread eh, though for many of us it may turn into one !

i was going to place an advert with YP too and drafts were going back and forth and then their design dept had to resize the ad, when i got it back my god it was just awful what they had done to it, all sorts had been moved, fonts were all out and diiffernt sizes, just awful.

i then spoke with someone else as they said sales team had done their bit ! mmm and that custoemr services deals with it once we've "signed up" ! anyway i re-sized the advert and waiting for it to come back for me to approve, well needless to say like everyone else in this thread, it went ahead without my final approval, thank goodness for the most part its ok but when my friend called me to say its in, the black font was all blurred and unreadable!

We are in negotiations at the moment and discounts are being offered, i will happily post what the final agreement is once finalised, hopefully i wont end up paying for something i didnt approve but will let you know.

I did speak to a small business company who told me to write a diary of events on a spreadsheet with covering letter and then send that in together with emails etc that i may have. they also offered to proof the letter etc prior to sending to help, this is all ready to go now and will be posted off to them next week.

Keep at it thats all i can say!

kx

I just checked Yell.com after reading this thread. Last week I submitted a lineage for my mobile nails & beauty business, to replace my make-up artist lineage. The new one isn't there, and the old one has been removed! OMG! Maybe that watchdog programme would be interested in this thread?!

yellow pages added to our ad... "easy Parking" !!!!!! where the hell did that come from?

Hi all

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but (I have a very good solicitor friend) these ads are not covered by the sale of goods act - they are not 'goods'.

But the good news is that you do have legal redress in other words there are ways and means of getting your money back - firstly I pay mine monthly by DD so ultimately I can stop paying it right now and then argue later and they do have to provide you with the advert you agreed to.

I have just checked my entry and it is as ordered so they not all bad.

Good luck and if you need my friends details I can pass them on - but I hope it won't come to that.

Jo xxx

Heres a classic - I got a letter today say we have tried to reach you but have been unsucessfull please call our offices. :!:

How bizzare NO missed calls on mobile, and no Message or land line either...these people are shoddy.... :evil:

Latest posts

Back