Yellow Pages Advertising Help Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Yellow Pages rep coming round tonight to book an 6cmx3cm advert in my local edition and I am really nervous about putting the right information in especially with me not having a Salon....This is what I have come up with so please, all comments welcome either positive or negative...thank you,,PS I cant think of a name other than this right could any one come up with any suggetions my chap though Perfect Nails by Louise, but I am not so sure.

Nails by Louise

Qualified Mobile Nail Therapist offering Manicure, Nail Extensions, Nail Artistry & Sudo Spray Tanning.

Tel No: 000 343 4545, appointments only .

Member of the A.N.T, VCTC Dip

I thought the appointments only would be a good idea as I am mobile and I dont want joe public just turning up at my house (as obviously you have to print your address)...

Let me know what you all think, PS didnt put times in as they hopefully will be changing V soon.

I think this is good and straight to the point.

I like Perfect Nails by Louise .... there are a bazillion "Nails by 'so n sos'" out there. The word Perfect gives the client nice expectations!

Fab Freak said:
Hi,
I have a Yellow Pages rep coming round tonight to book an 6cmx3cm advert in my local edition and I am really nervous about putting the right information in especially with me not having a Salon....This is what I have come up with so please, all comments welcome either positive or negative...thank you,,PS I cant think of a name other than this right could any one come up with any suggetions my chap though Perfect Nails by Louise, but I am not so sure.

Nails by Louise

Qualified Mobile Nail Therapist offering Manicure, Nail Extensions, Nail Artistry & Sudo Spray Tanning.

Tel No: 000 343 4545, appointments only .

Member of the A.N.T, VCTC Dip

I thought the appointments only would be a good idea as I am mobile and I dont want joe public just turning up at my house (as obviously you have to print your address)...

Let me know what you all think, PS didnt put times in as they hopefully will be changing V soon.

Looks quite good Louise,

When the YP rep comes, they may have a limit to the number of letters as well as the size of the box. If you have Word then make a text box the size of your advert and put your text in it to see what it looks like.

Should say VTCT - Vocational Training Charitable Trust.

Nail Enhancements - not Extensions LOL.

In the past I have steered away from using brand names until I was 100% sure that I was not going to change - in the first year I did my advert in September for a book not due out until the following April and I quoted I did Jessica Manicures - by April I didn't LOL, I had changed to something else.

Just a thought!

naturalnails said:
Looks quite good Louise,

When the YP rep comes, they may have a limit to the number of letters as well as the size of the box. If you have Word then make a text box the size of your advert and put your text in it to see what it looks like.

Should say VTCT - Vocational Training Charitable Trust.

Nail Enhancements - not Extensions LOL.

In the past I have steered away from using brand names until I was 100% sure that I was not going to change - in the first year I did my advert in September for a book not due out until the following April and I quoted I did Jessica Manicures - by April I didn't LOL, I had changed to something else.

Just a thought!
Duh I do have my I cant spell days,

Fiona, I thought I would put Extensions as Joe Public will probably think 'whats that!' - all other adverts refer to enhancements as extentions and even though i like to be different, this time I didnt think this would be a good idea....

geeg said:
I think this is good and straight to the point.

I like Perfect Nails by Louise .... there are a bazillion "Nails by 'so n sos'" out there. The word Perfect gives the client nice expectations!
Thanks Geeg - will go with this.... :green:

...I am really nervous about placing this advert in the YP, what if no-one calls, what if they print in wrong and its stuck there for a year...what if the world and his dog calls and I cant cope....[/COLOR][/B]

I feel this is a big step for me and hope it's not being taken too soon...

good god woman get a grip!

PS Does anyone know if the ANT will give you a logo to use in an advert and does the Fabric# Brand have one?

Fab Freak said:
...I am really nervous about placing this advert in the YP, what if no-one calls, what if they print in wrong and its stuck there for a year...[COLOR=Yellow]what if the world and his dog calls and I cant cope....[/COLOR]

PS Does anyone know if the ANT will give you a logo to use in an advert and does the Fabric# Brand have one?

If you are a member of ANT you are entitled to use the logo.

The only thing that would seriously annoy the Fabric# people is if you didn't use the correct font and logo. Call Nicole at designer Nails in Marketing and get her to email it to you for your add.

If YP screw up, then demand your money back but I'm sure you will have the opportunity to 'proof' the add.

Keep your expectations realistic ... people will call but word of mouth is still your best advert, and your cheapest. I don't think you will be unable to cope. :p Good Luck!!

Fab Freak said:
...I am really nervous about placing this advert in the YP, what if no-one calls, what if they print in wrong and its stuck there for a year...what if the world and his dog calls and I cant cope....[/COLOR][/B]

I took out a yellow pages ad this year and they made a very minor mistake in it. I held my ground and they knocked about £20 off!

Bugger the rep never came last night, called 50 mins before to cancel....
Then said he'd call me today never, has, even after my 2 messages, if I miss the deadline I will not be a happy bunny....HOpefully he will call tomorrow.

PS Dead mad cause Dean took night off to meet him with me...

Fab Freak said:
Bugger the rep never came last night, called 50 mins before to cancel....
Then said he'd call me today never, has, even after my 2 messages, if I miss the deadline I will not be a happy bunny....HOpefully he will call tomorrow.

PS Dead mad cause Dean took night off to meet him with me...
Not exactly good business advertising for themselves was it??? I hate people like that coz they think that they have a captive audience so can behave how they want. Look on the bright side, if you miss this deadline then they'll be giving you a freebie in the next edition!!!

hi , the lady that sorted my yp add did it over the phone then sent me it to see if anything needed changing and was then sending the proof off to be put in the book, and i am sure she said i had till october if i needed to change anything again, but i suppose it depends when the book is published,

My ad. was done over the phone too & they didnt stop calling until they got hold of me!
Dont think this guy has represented Y.P very well!

Don't worry about missing the deadline, i can't remember when exactly it is but it's actually much, much later than they tell you it is - it's purely for their convenience. I didn't get mine in til september-october or something - it's no problem.

And don't forget to put your free one-liner on yell.com

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back