yellow pages - how to sell yourself/ad sizes etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi guys

My yellow pages ad is up for renewal.

I do really well from my current ad, its only 5 lines (no colour) it has the CREATIVE logo in it and the BIOSCULPTURE logo in it along with a brief description of what i do and use.

I was thinking of a larger add (maybe colour) but the price is putting me off.

Last year i had an enhanced listing on yell.com (WASTE of money imo !)

Have you gone from a small ad to a larger ad? and Does increasing the size and or colour INCREASE your business?

Im looking for some idea's to freshen the ad up a bit....REALLY want it to sound good and im struggling for 'sell myself' ideas.

Thanks!

AMb x

Hey Amber - You have so much to promote that you shouldn't be struggling to sell yourself at all. I'll email you a copy of my add which got me a lot of business.

Good luck!:hug:

I dont think size is important to me when I look in YP but I do like colour ads and products and qualifications - a well spaced ad looks good not too crammed with info also a great pic in background.

what does it say in your current advert? - ill do some sample wording for u chick *advertising queen here*

i wouldnt say its the size of the ad that gets u a response it depends on the wording and generating an interest in your service that does x

Have you gone from a small ad to a larger ad?

and Does increasing the size and or colour INCREASE your business?

In my experience (advertising sales for a newspaper and currently a lifestyle magazine) going from a black and white advert to a colour one WILL increase the number of people who 'see' your advert, this in turn increases the business you gain, it's the same with advert sizes too.
The larger and more colourful the advert the more attention it gains, that should mean an increase to calls you receive and then more business.

My hubby has increased his advert size, he had a small box ad before and since he's upped it he's got more calls and more business.

hth's a bit x

The larger and more colourful the advert the more attention it gains, that should mean an increase to calls you receive and then more business.

Correct - BUT if the wording in the ad doesn't keep you interested you've had it!! Colour will always get more attention then a B&W unless of course its the only B&W on a colour page.

A small advert - worded correctly may generate more of a response then a large advert with no info its all about AIDA!!

I once did a gardeners advert PINK he though i was mad - BUT he certainly dtood out against the other all green gardening ads and got a lot of response from it!! xx

thanks guys:hug:

havent got the ad to hand but currently says along the lines of

creative brisa master technician
biosculpture/calgel/brisa gel
evening & weekend appointments
full range of beauty treatments
www. my website address .co.uk

tel no ****** ***********​

Start with a catchy header (ATTENTION) Pamper yourself.... or indulge yourself or.... treat yourself.... or look good..... You need to think what/who are you trying to attract? (u need something that will tie nails and beauty together)

IE: Quality Treatments for Beautiful Living...

(then, hold INTEREST and Arouse DESIRE)

Nail enhancements biosculpture/calgel/brisa gel
by creative brisa master technician

Full range of beauty treatments available

(and then obtain ACTION.)

Call (AMBERS CO NAME) on: ****** ***********
for more information or to book an appointment

Dug this out of my advertising design notes - it may help

When it comes to communicating an advertising message:

Get and Hold attention, Create desire, and make it believable
Prove it’s a bargain, Make it easy to buy, Give a reason to buy now

So you Interrupt, Engage, Educate and then Offer.

The first thing is to somehow get peoples attention. Don't underestimate the importance of strong copy and wording and don't overestimate the importance of graphic design.

A strong headline is the most important element of the advertisement.

An effective headline is important for many reasons. The headline: Attracts attention and it sets the tone for the offer

Once the headline has done its job of grabbing attention, then potential clients are so engaged in what we have to say that we can educate and inform them about the benefits of what we offer so that they can't wait for us to tell them what next step they should take to learn more or get the product or service.

Most advertising falls short due to too much emphasis on glitzy art or cool graphic design and as a result ads absolutely fall at the first hurdle.

HTH Amber (fingers need a rest now!)

Start with a catchy header (Grab ATTENTION)

Pamper yourself.... or indulge yourself or.... treat yourself.... or look good.....
You need to think what/who are you trying to attract? (u need something that will tie nails and beauty together)

Say Quality Treatments for Beautiful Living...

then, hold INTEREST and Arouse DESIRE

Nail enhancements biosculpture/calgel/brisa gel
by creative brisa master technician

Full range of beauty treatments available

and then obtain ACTION.
Call (AMBERS CO NAME) on: ****** ***********
for more information or to book an appointment

THANKS FOR THAT:hug::hug:

I want to 'attract' a certain clientel.....the over 35's with plenty £££££ to spend lol !

wow some great advise on here I think I will place my ad now
the yellow pages must be busy lol

Latest posts

Back