Yellow Pages yell.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie day

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone placed an advert soley on yell.com and have you found it to be worth while? I enquired about it a while ago, and was quoted £10/12 per month or something like that but decided not to at the time. I have started to think about doing it again, but just thought I would get the geeks opinions first as I dont want to make a mistake and end up shelling out the money when it is not worth it.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I had an add in there and have never got a thing from it..! Wouldnt do it again

Vicky xx

Well if the original YP works well then I dont see why this wouldnt work too.

I had 4 calls in the first week of the book coming out so dont know what will happen next but hell I want to go with Yell.com now as well to see the reponse from this...

This time next year I will be a millionnaire (if this response keeps up)...lol

I guess it is a bit risky, but I will never know until I try. I may give them another call and see what they can offer me...

Keep the opinions coming tho, would love to hear from more people!

You go for it, if you dont try you dont know...

Wishing you lots of success

Hi Louise

Im sure you get free linage with yell.com hun when you take out a yp advert ?

I wasnt on yell.com when i checked but i rang them and they said i should be so they rang for me details and im now in there too - only linage though hun - im assuming the costs quoted would be for more info including web site, directions ??

kx

Fab Freak said:
Well if the original YP works well then I dont see why this wouldnt work too.

I had 4 calls in the first week of the book coming out so dont know what will happen next but hell I want to go with Yell.com now as well to see the reponse from this...

This time next year I will be a millionnaire (if this response keeps up)...lol

Karren said:
Hi Louise

Im sure you get free linage with yell.com hun when you take out a yp advert ?

I wasnt on yell.com when i checked but i rang them and they said i should be so they rang for me details and im now in there too - only linage though hun - im assuming the costs quoted would be for more info including web site, directions ??

kx

Thanks for this - I meant to call them to check - now I got my copy of the YP with incorrect details I will be in touch and try and get the one liner upgraded....

hi louise, quicky hun, ive just replied to your original thread re yp incorrect ad (sorry cant remember correct thread heading) just thought you maybe interested in my outcome ! also do keep at the phone calls but i found a long letter to the right person did the job !

http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?p=59962#post59962

kx

its free to put a one liner in, and i have to say i have had a call from it already. Also you can do the smae with Thomson local directory as well. When its free go for it. I used to have a wedding decor business as didn't get a great deal from my yellow pages advert and that cost me £225 for the year, so it depends on what you want and area you're in.

Go for the free one, you can't really lose.

I have had an advert on both the directory and yell.com. I have had more bookings through the directory :D and only one booking through the yell.com :sad: . I have decided next year not to go in yell.com as the booking through the directory were alot higher. I also found that I had alot of e-mail from companies trying to sell me stuff as appose to bookings. Good luck with you advert

I have a full listing on yell.com and it paid for itself in the first 3 months. I am also on thomweb and had nothing. I also have 118247 - useless, phoned them up myself to cehck it out and they said the ONLY place I would get nail extensions were 2 OTHER places. In the end I had to ask for my company and they had my HOME ADDRESS.

My main source is from YP and Thomson (other than word of mouth of course). You need a good ad though - pretend you want to chose a new hairdresser and see which ads would attract you, bet it's the full colour with piccies and good wording! One liners, although free, don't get your attention. Although in Thomson there is less competition so you stand more of a chance with a one liner there.

Latest posts

Back